Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#35856 Wed Oct 16 2002 12:07 PM
B
Brian Offline OP
OP Offline
B
I am restoring a Tokeim 39 and want to place a small roung mirror behind the sight glass spinner to facy it up a bit. I have taken a mirror from my wife's makeup compact and need to drill a 3/16'' hole in the middle. Any suggestions on how to drill this hole, I have found glass/tile bit that is made for this but do you need to sandwich the mirror between two pieces of wood or is there another technique. Thanks Brian

------------------
Brian S.

Brian S.
Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
#35857 Wed Oct 16 2002 12:22 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If you have access to a sandblast cabinet, you can take a piece of wood or metal the same size as your mirror, drill the same size hole in it, then tape that to the mirror to protect it and sandblast through the hole you drilled and through the glass.
Good Luck
Lance

#35858 Thu Oct 17 2002 05:09 AM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
If you take your little mirror to a glaziers workshop he will have a drill that can do the job. I did this when I put a mirror on a small warderobe door and needed a hole for the handle.
//Claes

#35859 Thu Oct 17 2002 09:38 AM
D
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
D
you might want to try stainless and polish it , i think theres stainless in the tokhiem 36-b , I'll check for you ,

#35860 Thu Oct 17 2002 10:15 AM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Forget about using a real mirror and the problem goes away. Get yourself a piece of mirrored plexiglas and drill your hole. Go slowly and pay close attention when you just about get thru. This will prevent the bit from spliting the plastic. Even if it does, it didn't cost hardly anything and you can try again. Much better than worrying about broken glass, cuts and the need to secure it without cracking/breaking the mirror.

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved