Print Thread
#35881 Wed Jun 06 2001 04:23 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can anyone tell me what a good condition (but not mint sadly) booklet from Amoco (published under American Oil Co. with a 1936 copyright) might be worth today?

The booklet is a stamp album, but not a postal one. The front page says the following:

STAMP ALBUM
Presidents of the United States

Compliments of American Oil Co. (on the left side)

The book has stamps depicting the presidents. Stamps run up to Zachary Taylor, with spaces going to Franklin Roosevelt.

It appears to be an election year freebie, and provides information about each president.

I can provide more information if requested, but am really seeking where I can find information myself.

Thanks for your time,

k

Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
#35882 Wed Jun 06 2001 06:21 PM
J
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
J
You have one of the many thousands of giveaways, that were distributed at the island, usually for the purchase of a number of gallons. They gave the book away first, and the stamps later, hoping the customers would return to purchase gas and fill the stamp book. It probably has some interest to a American or Standard collector, and would probably give you a few dollars for it.

Author, 1st & 2nd editions of Gas Pump ID book, 3rd edition is now available at www.gaspumpbible.com
Air Meter ID book also available

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved