Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#3597 Tue May 01 2001 03:00 PM
L
OP Offline
L
i have an old pump I'm restoring for my basement I want a different colored pump where is the best place to find pix of the old color schemes thank you for your help

Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
#3598 Wed May 02 2001 10:14 AM
J
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
J
Sorry, but no color schemes are posted anywhere. You need to decide what gasoline brand you want to restore it to, let us know, and maybe someone out there will post how he did his pump. It would also be helpful to let us know what kind of pump you have. I have about 500 blueprints from the Bennett Pump Company, of how pumps were painted between 1925 and 1935.

Author, 1st & 2nd editions of Gas Pump ID book, 3rd edition is now available at www.gaspumpbible.com
Air Meter ID book also available
#3599 Sun May 06 2001 06:21 PM
Hi Lakester,

The book, Gas Pump Collectors Guide has 250 pictures of gas pumps, some in color, some in black and white. But the black and white ones still show how the pump was two toned. The book also lists color schemes and PPG numbers for a bunch of oil companies. Sure, not every pump is there, but many are. Many other petro collectible books have pictures of old gas stations as they were in the old days. These are valuable to determine how pumps looked during various periods. Plus they also show the other equipment and advertising of the period.
To browse these books see:
Primarily Petroliana Book Store

------------------
Oldgas
Your host and moderator

Jim "Oldgas" Potts
Your host and moderator
#3600 Sun May 06 2001 11:31 PM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Hi,
at Bobs Garage, they sell pre mixed pints and quarts of Esso red, Texaco red etc.
I have not seen the results myself, but Bob says they are mixed from 1950 paint codes.
This might be an alternative as it is always hard to get the paint shops to mix something correct.
Here's the link: http://members.aol.com/gaspast/

//Claes

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved