Next Thread
Print Thread
#36122 Fri Jun 18 2004 04:29 AM
G
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
G
First, I want to say that EVERYONE hosting the "of the month" posts are doing a super fantastic job! What do you guys think of coordinating the company/globe/sign/ can of the month together? As an example, Atlantic is this months COTM. Would it be better to have globes and cans listed to compliment this? It would eliminate double and triple postings of pics of the same items over a few months period. It may even be better for "research" purposes if someone is looking for info on a certain company. he could go to the Texaco month and see cans, signs, globes, etc. Another suggestion concerns the item of the week. Seems to me, a weekly series will soon run out of items. This could also be incorporated into the COTM. Maybe every quarter or so, add something that wouldn't fall under the normal listings. Just a thought from ol' Brontosaurus Brain.

Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
#36123 Fri Jun 18 2004 08:37 AM
P
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
P
I dont mean to steal the thread or topic, but as long as we are talking about features, how about starting a topic or area where people can post pictures of old gas station architecture. Maybe a name this station thing.

-Dave-
Collects Dino era Sinclair & Mopar items
#36124 Fri Jun 18 2004 10:13 AM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
PLUM_72....I POSTED SOME OLD GAS STATION ARCHITECTURE A COUPLE MONTHS AGO...WAS HOPING MORE MEMBERS WOULD APPLY IMAGES AS WE PASS ONCE OLD GAS STATIONS EVERYDAY THAT ARE NOW SOMETHING ELSE. MAYBE I'LL BRING IT UP AGAIN TO THE TOP SO YOU CAN TAKE A L@@K-SEE!!

DOC @ THE AMERICAN GARAGES
drcoke@optonline.net

DOC @ THE AMERICAN GARAGE
#36125 Fri Jun 18 2004 10:28 AM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Plum_72:

Like this?

This is the Treadway Texaco in Bettendorf Iowa circa 1974? Jodi found this for sale on e-bay and it fit into both our collections - my petrolania and her 'Treadway' stuff.

The really strange thing about this station is their Area Code has the same three numbers as our phone number (in a different order) and the same thing with the last 4 digits. The same numbers - just different order. Kinda 'Twilight Zone' dontchathink?

Later . . .

Jim

------------------
http://www.vintage-logos.com

#36126 Fri Jun 18 2004 10:55 AM
P
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
P
Old pictures of operating stations are cool. Pictures of old stations that still exist today (abandon or transformed) are cool as well.

------------------
Slowly progressing on a '54 Tokheim 39
ECO wanted...cheaply

-Dave-
Collects Dino era Sinclair & Mopar items
#36127 Fri Jun 18 2004 05:20 PM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Gary,
If we combine the topics we would basically have a big company of the month feature.
The guys that host these features have to accumulate pictures of items to post. It's already alot of work and I don't want to burden the hosts even more.
Combining them would require alot of coordination between the guys hosting the features.

When these features were first started they were purposely spread out throughout the month. If you combined them everything would pretty much be over the first week of the month.

Another advantage to featuring different brands for QOTM,SOTM, and GOTM is some guys might not have any interest in the company being featured in GOTM, but have alot of interest in SOTM.

Plum_72,
You're welcome to post pictures of stations in showcase. I'm not sure how we could do a regular feature on stations though.

I'm open to suggestions on how to improve our existing features or ideas on new features. Email me at Lastgas15@aol.com if you have any ideas.

This topic really should have been in Showcase and Stories, but since Hubba left it here, I'm replying here.
Bob Drake
Lastgas15, Moderator of Showcase and Stories

Wanted: Gas pump globes:Sinclair & affiliates, IL companies. Ripple bodies. Anything Sinclair, Stoll, Pierce, 4 Bros.

http://www.lastgas15.com/

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved