Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
DaveWilliams #361620 Mon Oct 08 2012 08:41 PM
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
Tbird I know of the traditional 1-10 grading scale. I just meant that, in my opinion, value would be a bit easier to determine across the board if it was more nationally accepted and promoted. For instance, it may help if oldgas had a forum dedicated to grading items.

I enjoy collecting coins. You can easily send a coin to NGC or about 2-4 other companies to be certified on the Sheldon scale. Something like that contributes a LOT to being able to keep prices in check to make sure people get their monies worth, but also prevent you from being able to sell a coin for 5 times its value so easily.

Again, just my opinion.

Eddy Smith
Call or Text: 678-232-4637
E-mail: eddysmithjr@gmail.com
Always looking for pump plates or small signs!
Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
Here's Your Sign #361625 Mon Oct 08 2012 09:03 PM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Most sellers of Signs, Globes, Pumps, Cans, etc. on ebay are Not Collectors & Very Very Few will spend the $$ ea way to send an item anywhere for Grading.

There are TOO many VARIABLES w/ pictures posted, lighting, focus, 1 side, 2 sided, painted, porcelain. On pumps; all original parts, repaired parts, repop parts, missing parts, etc. These are Not as easily/cheaply shipped as a coin.

Dick Bennett #361642 Tue Oct 09 2012 04:39 AM
D
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
D
It would be great if this hobby could have grading, but it's not a thing that could happen. Even two identical pumps restored with all original parts and given the best of everything by their respective owners will have different values.

Always has been one thing I notice and get a chuckle out of. Some of the most nitpicky collectors who rail on new guys about their opinions have to admit that what is sold in the region they live can sell for double a few hundred miles away or nearly nothing somewhere else.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved