Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
#36161 Sun Mar 30 2003 09:44 AM
F
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
F
Watched "Hollywood Knights" last evening..(Thanks "Frankie"!) FUNNY Movie.. You must see it!! Great Sound Track, Awesome Cars... I agree with Siskel & Ebert. "Two Thumbs Up!"
HUBBA.. Get some pictures together cause your next.

------------------
Frank

Frank
Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
#36162 Sun Mar 30 2003 07:10 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
SIGN UP!!!! IT'S FREE!!!!!! ALL YOU HAVE TO DO IS PAY SHIPPING TO THE NEXT PERSON.. HOW FUN IS THIS?? ONCE I GET IT BACK, I'LL RE-SHIP THE PICTURES SO EVERYBODY GETS TO SEE EVERYBODY!!! WHO IS NEXT AFTER HUBBA AND DON S.?????? P.S. LARRY THE CABLE GUY IS INCLUDED [THE C.D.] P.P.S. HOW WAS LARRY?? LASTGAS IS AFTER DON.. THEN????

[This message has been edited by Frankie (edited 03-31-2003).]

#36163 Sun Mar 30 2003 07:34 PM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Cool - i am next - gathering stuff to put in. Give me a buzz Local Frank. Thanks a million
Hubba

Hubba: GAS GEEK , OIL FREAK of Seattle WA
#36164 Sun Mar 30 2003 09:02 PM
F
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
F
LARRY THE CABLE GUY... Funny!!!! "HOLLYWOOD KNIGHTS" 3 Thumbs up. If you have not signed up yet.. you are gonna miss the opportunity of the year.. The Movie is OUTRAGEOUS!!! 1965.. Oh, how I remember.. I'm was the guy with the glasses..
ps.. Since I was the first.. I really look forward to seeing all the pics collected. Contact "FRANKIE" and put your name on the list... It's coming your way Hubba..

------------------
Frank

Frank
#36165 Wed Apr 02 2003 10:36 PM
T
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
T
speaking of movies, lots of old movies have nice old pumps & stations in em?!! i saw part of a John Wayne movie a few years ago black/white i think but i dont remember the name of it. anyway he pulled up and filled his packard convertible sedan with some CHEAP gas from a wayne 60 or 866.(dont remember) there was a pair of em at that station. any J. Wayne fans seen this one? know the name of it? another movie i saw part of & dont remember the name cause it was 1 lame older movie & i dont want the name of it. haha that had a dude in a white 40 ford deluxe coupe pull up to a pair of white fry mae wests at an old station & fill the 40 up. man i dont know the title to any of these movies!!! an old burt reynolds movie where he was an x-con & went to the mexican border doin some illegal stuff, there was a nice wayne 60 sittin abandon with some other pumps next to it in the background. man im bad with these titles! but i remember the pumps & cars!!!

#36166 Wed Apr 02 2003 11:17 PM
J
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
J
Years ago before I discovered ebay, I used to sit around watching old movies on TV. I kept the VCR remote handy and everytime a scene came on with gas pumps in it I would record it. Somewhere around here is a VCR tape with many old gas pumps on it. Some of the movies I remember were: "No Time For Sargents" where Andy Griffith is chained to what looks like a very old Wayne Pump; "It's a Mad, Mad, (etc.) World" where there is a great scene of a station being destroyed; "The Great Gatsby."
As some of you know I am also a active dart shooter and recently when scanning the dart websites I came across a site where people posted the name of the movie and the time in the movie that a dart board appeared on the screen. Sounds like another project for Jim.

Author, 1st & 2nd editions of Gas Pump ID book, 3rd edition is now available at www.gaspumpbible.com
Air Meter ID book also available
#36167 Wed Apr 02 2003 11:47 PM
D
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
D
I know of 2 gas stations they blew up in BC maybe 3. In Bird on a Wire with Mel Gibson & Goldie Hawn, that was in Port Coquitlam or Port Moody. In First Blood (first Rambo) movie, they blew up a station in Hope BC, apparently some guys got the inground hoist and other stuff before the big bang. And in Hooper with Burt Reynolds I think they blew one up in or around Princeton BC, same area as the old gas station in The Pledge, with Jack Nicholson... like they say down south, She Done Blew up Good Billy Bob !!!Reel Good!!
We had some cool old stations but they keep blowin up.
Dont know if it was MAD Mad World, might of been a french flick, I saw a couple visibles looked complete, get mowed down by a car or truck, OUCH!!!....................DODO

#36168 Thu Apr 03 2003 06:37 AM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
They blew up a station along Rte 59 in Illinois when they were making the Blues Brothers. That piece of film must have ended up on the cutting room floor because it wasn't in the movie. Actually they pumped gasoline on the ground and lit it. They had a nice big fire before they blew the building up.

There were a couple of station scenes in The Grapes of Wrath.
Bob

Wanted: Gas pump globes:Sinclair & affiliates, IL companies. Ripple bodies. Anything Sinclair, Stoll, Pierce, 4 Bros.

http://www.lastgas15.com/
#36169 Thu Apr 03 2003 02:41 PM
S
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
S
For a few 1950's west coast stations..Richfield..Signal..etc. watch the Original "Invasion of the Body Snatchers"...most are visible in background.

#36170 Thu Apr 03 2003 05:18 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
PEARL HARBOR HAS SOME COOL SUNRAY PUMPS IN IT AT THE END SOMEWHERE..

#36171 Thu Apr 03 2003 09:37 PM
T
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
T
oh i remember one. steve mcqueen in the hunter. 2 nice clockfaces right in his house. he was a bounty hunter.

#36172 Thu Apr 03 2003 11:27 PM
D
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
D
I heard that was his own stuff, the guy the movie was about played the bartender i believe. I remember seeing it and thinkin , look at all the cool stuff in that guys house!!I think that was his last movie.
McQueen was a big-time Motorcycle collector had some really nice ones, was a buddy of Ekins, they made him do the big jump in the Great Escape so the star wouldnt get hurt. His desert racer Triumph is in a Vancouver bike museum.
In Bullit I think there is a few shots of an underground garage , there was a neon Chevron sign hanging on the building.....FM

#36173 Tue Apr 08 2003 10:42 AM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Remember when the guy lit his cigar in "The Birds"

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved