Print Thread
#36174 Sat Apr 19 2003 04:14 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I have stumbled onto something that has helped me tremendously and thought I would pass it on. I recently purchased a furniture movers cart. It is four or five inches off the ground, has heavy casters, and a pump base fits nicely on it. I put the base on the cart and build my pump. I can rotate it and move it anywhere in the shop. When I'm done for the night it rolls to the side out of the way. Hope this simple idea helps someone out.

Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
#36175 Sat Apr 19 2003 05:53 PM
M
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
M
Running man...I hear ya. Tried this myself a year or two back and it works real slick!!! Easier than 'walking' them around the garage.

#36176 Thu Apr 24 2003 05:11 AM
I
I
I found 6 carts at a bread co..they are heavy plastic but they work great..i have been restoring for over 10 years and using these rolling carts for about 3 years..they sure help alot..they even work on visables..best thing since sliced bread............Mark

#36177 Thu Apr 24 2003 06:14 PM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I want one ..I want one
hubba

Hubba: GAS GEEK , OIL FREAK of Seattle WA
#36178 Thu Apr 24 2003 07:10 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
THOSE WORK SLICKER THAN DEER GUT ON A DOOR KNOB!!!! [OLD DUKES OF HAZZARD SAYING FROM UNCLE JESSIE] FRANK

#36179 Thu Apr 24 2003 08:59 PM
G
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
G
I've used them for years. They are excellent to move the pump frame around on. Electric or visible pumps. I even paint the frame while they are on the roller. Get done shooting it and roll it safely out of the way. No chance of getting finger prints into the paint or wrenching a back out.

#36180 Fri Apr 25 2003 04:58 AM
Veteran Member
Online Content
Veteran Member
Hello everyone:

I'd just like to add my two cents.

It seems that some/most of us also have one or two (okay, maybe more) old cars/trucks sitting around in the process of being worked on. Instead of buying a 'moving' cart to set the pumps on, invest in a couple (or a set of 4) 'Car Skates'. I have a set and they're great! You can set each tire on a skate and one man can spin a vehicle around in a one-car garage if he needs to!

Make yourself a wooden platform to set on the skate and set your pump on the platform (most of the skates have a dip in them for the tire to sit down into). Since the skates are designed to hold up to 1,000 pounds each - you won't have to worry about them ever collasping. And when you need it for your vehicle(s), just pull the platform off and it's ready for automotive use.

Serves two purposes and works great for both.

Later . . .

Jim

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved