Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
E
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
E
This past weekend I was very lucky to add a few of these signs to my collection. I bought them from an older lady who found them while cleaning a old barn years ago in New England. I was thrilled to be able to purchase them and they cleaned up nicely. However I can't seem to find much info on any "motor oil" that goes by this name?

The research I've done does show the company began in 1857 making a few different lubricating items from floor cleaners to lubricating oils. The company was based out of Boston and MYCO was a brand of the Masury-Young company. Anyone out there own a MYCO oil can? The quote on the bottom of the sign could go either way I guess. Could mean smaller motors or auto related...

myco.jpg

Mainly focused on Oilzum, Jenney, Harris Oil items & original paint gas pumps.
Value Questions and Showcase forums

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
G
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
G
That is a very nice sign! Great find!

Looking for any cans! PM me what ya got!
E
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
E
Below is a link to the most info I have found about the company. There really isnt much out there on the web that I could find. However apparently at some point they filed with the trademark commission to be in a catory of: Industrial oils and greases; lubricants; dust absorbing, wetting and binding compositions; fuels (including motor spirit) and illuminants; candles and wicks for lighting.

I'm wondering if maybe motor oil was in the plans for the company and it was never realized? Why they would have had signs made is beyond me. Again if anyone has any MYCO lubricants cans or oilers I would likeot hear about them. Thanks

http://www.trademarkia.com/myco-products-est-1857-masury-young-coboston-mass-71448328.html

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Just flipped through one of the porcelain sign books and saw this exact sign. Book dates it 1930.

see me at Mason Dixon Gas, Spring Carlisle M114-115, and Hershey C4E-35.
E
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
E
Thermoman...thanks for the info. May I ask what book you saw it in?

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved