Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
GasCan Offline OP
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
Got these home today and started looking into them to create a list of parts needed. One VR looks to have been updated but both pumps are complete with both computers turning freely, and the original porcelain face plates are super nice. I don't have the book to decode the dates but the pumps are 42 numbers apart in serial #'s so I'd bet they both shipped together and stayed Texaco pumps for most of their life.

I picked up some 1940's pump plates for them today (40FC & 42SC) and only need to find one piece of original ad glass for each and I'm off and rolling on these. May also have found a nice set of glass body White Border T globes for them today as well. Should have them in a couple days if that comes together. Now to start tearing them down and get these restored in Fire Chief/Sky Chief. If anyone knows the dates from the serial numbers, please let me know. Thanks

As found in a local collectors back 40 stock.

Got them home today and started checking them out. Real solid!

Group of early 1940 pump plates sourced for the pumps today.

Clean this one up and it's likely good to go. Turns freely!

Updated VR in the Fire Chief Pump

This one is Serial 1560-CJXA0 and the other is 1602-CJXA0

Now to get busy, bag them and tag them and start restoring the frames and the sheet metal. Took inventory tonight and ordered all of the stuff needed from Ron Scobie. Can't wait to see these ones fully restored in their original Texaco grandeur. I'll post updates as these move along. Going to start these and finish these before moving onto the others.

Value Questions and Showcase forums

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
Hey Graeme, looking forward to seee the restoration pic's as you restore the 60's.
Give me a call when you get a chance as I have a couple of Buffalo tins you may be interested in.

GasCan Offline OP
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
Buffalo tins? Would that be the mint looking quart Cans on your wall? If you're phone isn't already ringing off the hook it will be in a minute or two. smile

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved