Oldgas.com Home

Home | Help | Events | Classifieds | Bookstore | Pictures | Auctions | Links | Collectors | Parts | Contact

Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#368171 - Tue Nov 06 2012 02:39 AM Re: Killer wall sconce for my Texaco Globe. [Re: Craig Osbeck]
Dave's Garage Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: Abbotsford, British Columbia, ...
My current shop/building is not heated and therefore I have most of the cans put away. I hope to build another building that will be heated to display the cans and paper items.

Here's a few more pictures.

Attachments
016 (2).jpg

BS signs Nov 12-21.jpg

BS signs Nov 12-22.jpg

Shop Signs-10.jpg

Value Questions and Showcase forums

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
#368173 - Tue Nov 06 2012 02:40 AM Re: Killer wall sconce for my Texaco Globe. [Re: Dave's Garage]
Dave's Garage Offline
Veteran Member

Few more.

Attachments
BS signs Nov 12-23.jpg

BS signs Nov 12-24.jpg

BS signs Nov 12-25.jpg

BS signs Nov 12-26.jpg

#368174 - Tue Nov 06 2012 02:42 AM Re: Killer wall sconce for my Texaco Globe. [Re: Dave's Garage]
Dave's Garage Offline
Veteran Member

Some more.

Attachments
BS signs Nov 12-27.jpg

BS signs Nov 12-28.jpg

BS signs Nov 12-29.jpg

BS signs Nov 12-30.jpg

#368206 - Tue Nov 06 2012 08:10 AM Re: Killer wall sconce for my Texaco Globe. [Re: Dave's Garage]
junior25 Offline
Petro Enthusiast

Loc: Ontario,Can
Great stuff Dave! The cast lamp is killer! Is it on a pole or wall mount?

#368241 - Tue Nov 06 2012 11:06 AM Re: Killer wall sconce for my Texaco Globe. [Re: junior25]
Dave's Garage Offline
Veteran Member

Daryl those are cast aluminum street lights from downtown Vancouver 1950's era. They are pretty ornate, have the power receptacles built into them for Christmas lights that got strung across the street. I am missing the acorn style glass lense. I was lucky to find two and will be mounting them on the front of the new building....only if I can stop buying gas & oil long enough to save some money to build it.

Attachments
Shop Signs-7.jpg

Shop Signs-1.jpg

#368433 - Wed Nov 07 2012 02:55 AM Re: Killer wall sconce for my Texaco Globe. [Re: Dave's Garage]
strnge Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: Maryland U.S.A.
Love it!

#368439 - Wed Nov 07 2012 04:13 AM Re: Killer wall sconce for my Texaco Globe. [Re: strnge]
Steven C. Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: MICHIGAN
Have you ever seen the movie "Rudy", where the father walks into Notre Dame stadium for the first time and says, "This is the most beautiful sight these eyes have ever seen", well I allllmost feel like that right now. : ) Beautiful collection.

On a serius note, how do you date a Coke button? I would love to get one someday.

#368492 - Wed Nov 07 2012 11:51 AM Re: Killer wall sconce for my Texaco Globe. [Re: Steven C.]
Dave's Garage Offline
Veteran Member

Thanks guys! Canadian Coca Cola buttons are easy; they only came in porcelain and 48" (one size only) and they are all dated. US buttons are a whole other story. they came painted & porcelain, multiple sizes, many different logo's and styles. Most of the painted tin buttons are dated. I haven't seen a porcelain US button dated.

If you are going to collect Coca Cola. It's a good idea to get a Petretti's Coca Cola Collectibles Price Guide book. It's like Jack's Pump book...a must have. From having read you posts, I know that you are a cautious buyer that does his homework. There are 100 times more Coca Cola reproductions then gas & oil, so you can't be to careful.

#368900 - Fri Nov 09 2012 01:17 AM Re: Killer wall sconce for my Texaco Globe. [Re: Dave's Garage]
Dave's Garage Offline
Veteran Member

How about some more.

Attachments
BS signs Nov 12-33.jpg

BS signs Nov 12-34.jpg

BS signs Nov 12-35.jpg

BS signs Nov 12-36.jpg

#368901 - Fri Nov 09 2012 01:19 AM Re: Killer wall sconce for my Texaco Globe. [Re: Dave's Garage]
Dave's Garage Offline
Veteran Member

last few for tonight.

Attachments
BS signs Nov 12-37.jpg

BS signs Nov 12-38.jpg

BS signs Nov 12-39.jpg

BS signs Nov 12-40.jpg

#368920 - Fri Nov 09 2012 05:35 AM Re: Killer wall sconce for my Texaco Globe. [Re: Dave's Garage]
dodgeman60 Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: wisconsin
nice collection dave, must be a big building!

#368993 - Fri Nov 09 2012 01:05 PM Re: Killer wall sconce for my Texaco Globe. [Re: dodgeman60]
rustynuts Offline
Petro Enthusiast

Loc: NY
I came to see the wall sconce(awesome) & got to see a killer collection! Thanks for taking the time to share it.

Edited by rustynuts (Fri Nov 09 2012 01:07 PM)

#369024 - Fri Nov 09 2012 04:27 PM Re: Killer wall sconce for my Texaco Globe. [Re: rustynuts]
Dave's Garage Offline
Veteran Member

I'm glad you enjoyed the photo's and thanks for taking the time to check out my collection.

It's a 32'x80' building. It's pretty cluttered in there. I have building plans and a building permit in place for a 100'x150' building. When the wife I discovered how much the shop was going to be. She said, she wants to build a new house before we do the shop. I don't think I'll be building the shop anytime to soon.

#369060 - Fri Nov 09 2012 08:13 PM Re: Killer wall sconce for my Texaco Globe. [Re: Dave's Garage]
KL Bird Offline
Petro Enthusiast

Loc: Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, Canad...
Oh man Dave, what a collection. I plan in the near future to head out west to visit my friend Bud Irving (Bud's World), in Langley, I will definitly have to stop in and see you on the trip. One question, is the "certified tourist information" a Texaco sign? The reason I'm asking is that if I remember correctly, and I maybe wrong, in Gasolene Alley in Calgary, I think Ron Carey has/had one displayed with a B/A oil rack sign, and I always wondered if it was a B/A sign or Texaco or some other company that was just coincedentaly placed side by side.
Later,
Ken.

#369068 - Fri Nov 09 2012 08:50 PM Re: Killer wall sconce for my Texaco Globe. [Re: KL Bird]
Dave's Garage Offline
Veteran Member

Ken, you are more than welcome to stop by anytime. That goes for any other members, if you are in the area...look me up.

The Certified Tourist Service is a B/A sign. It is marked as such in the fine print on the edge.

Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Click on magnifying glass icon on lower left to search eBay

Copyright © 2016 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved