Print Thread
#369154 Sat Nov 10 2012 09:46 AM
V
vmc44 Offline OP
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
V
EBay stood by there 14 day return policy... 2 months ago I bought a Minnesota coffee tin "hint I collect any coffee tins from Minnesota esp. Duluth" from a guy who's listing stated 14 day return policy. So I paid $390 for a painted tin that in the photos looked bright and glossy. Well it was faded and dull, look like someone tried to clean it and it took off the gloss. So I emailed the seller told him I was not happy with it and was returning it at my expense for a refund! Well he tells me that his refund policy is in the description says "I WILL GLADLY REFUND YOUR MONEY IF I HAVE MISREPRESENTED OR OVER-LOOKED A FLAW IN MY DESCRIPTION & PHOTOS, OTHERWISE ALL SALES ARE FINAL."
So in other words he said he described it accurately with the photos and there will be no refund. But I said your listing says "14 day return policy" He nicely responds back that I didn’t read or cant understand his policy and there will be no refund! So I filed a dispute and within 24 hours EBay not only ruled in my favor but emailed me a UPS call tag and said they will refund my money 3 days after the seller receives the package.... My $ was in my account 3 days latter.....

vmc44 #369217 Sat Nov 10 2012 05:02 PM
Coffee items from Duluth??? Hmmm. Maybe you can tell me what brand and I will see if I can find any for you.

FREEDOM oil items wanted.

V
vmc44 Offline OP
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
V
Hi Ryan love Wak-Em-Up or any other graphic tins from Duluth in 8+ condition.... Also I have a Lake home in Bemidji and am there two weeks every Summer so if you get any rare pumps please let me know... thanks Dan

Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
Ebay just forced the guy to refund your money. It didn't cost poor poor Ebay a penny. They have full access to a sellers Paypal and don't hesitate to take money out of the account with no notification. They almost ALWAYS side with the buyer.

In this case it sounds justified....if the problem was not obvious in the pictures. There are many horror stories from sellers about this policy.

Jim

Last edited by Mr.Wadhams; Sun Nov 11 2012 07:25 AM.

Wanted: Wadhams - Bartles - O'neils - Items
V
vmc44 Offline OP
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
V
Well Jim.... My policy is always been 100% refund for every item that I have sold on EBay and not once have I had someone ask for a refund.... My belief is if you don’t stand behind what your selling it isn't worth buying as I rarely bid on items that don’t offer a refund unless I know the seller!

vmc44 #370647 Sat Nov 17 2012 07:30 AM
Originally Posted By: vmc44
Hi Ryan love Wak-Em-Up or any other graphic tins from Duluth in 8+ condition.... Also I have a Lake home in Bemidji and am there two weeks every Summer so if you get any rare pumps please let me know... thanks Dan

After reading the email you sent me this morning (about something that I had nothing to do with) I will have to politely decline.

FREEDOM oil items wanted.

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Petro Porcelain Sign auction listings *

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved