Click here for Original Gas Pump Plate auction listings

Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Man that is one great story and one awesome pump, congratulations!!!!!
I'm glad to see you got it, and most of all you were fair about it and that just makes the score even better.

Looking for anything JENNEY OIL OR GAS
Value Questions and Showcase forums

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I remember my first clockface pump. It was in 1996 at a swap meet. My buddy and I were there the afternoon before setting up to sell truck parts. I spotted the pump four rows over. We went over and made a deal and I payed for it. The guy wanted to keep it in his space for the meet. I loaded it up the next day after the meet.

I likeShell [Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
That's funny you say you couldn't sleep to well and was up at 6am.I'd say you have the fever...PUMP FEVER!! Lol.Good job on scoring a nice survivor pump. Dave

D
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
D
When I started collecting in 2007 I concentrated on smaller items, cans, pump plates, etc., items I could fit into my apartment. I figured a pump would take up too much space. A couple years in I decided I would like a pump as well. I looked around for a bit and happened to mention to a co-worker I was looking. She said she would tell her husband who worked for our company as well as they had one in their barn. Russell came in the next day and said "My wife says you're looking for a pump. I have one in my barn. If you want it, you can have it. I wanted to fix it up but it's been torn apart for years and I've never done anything with it, so if you will, take it." I must admit I wasn't too hopeful that it was going to be a great pump, but when I turned the corner and saw the 866 I about flipped! I will say he asked me what it was worth and I told him probably $1500, but he didn't care. He still wanted me to have it. My first and only clock face is still one of my best freebies.
Nice find Kevin..it's always neat to know where an item came from. I'm very glad when I can get the history of an item as it makes it that much more meaningful to me to own it, especially if it is a local item.
Darin

Last edited by DWSheffer; Sun Nov 11 2012 08:20 AM.

Darin Sheffer
Always looking for Mobil and Marathon items I don't already have!
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved