Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#372035 Fri Nov 23 2012 03:04 PM
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
Put a Pam oil clock on Craig's list for 175.00 get an offer for 125.00,and say " sorry but no.i would take 150.00 for it."have a couple other people say they would do the 150.00.same guy says he wants it,will take it for 150.00 hold it for three days,tell three people its sold. Guy shows up and says" oh...it's not what I thought!i will give you 140.00" now this guy has driven 80 miles to get here. What would you say? Ill post my decision after the poll is over.

Yay or nay
single choice
Votes accepted starting: Fri Nov 23 2012 03:02 PM
You must vote before you can view the results of this poll.
Last edited by oldnfuelish; Fri Nov 23 2012 03:06 PM.

Looking for gas,oil related clocks,especially neon and spinners .clock repair available. Mick
Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
G
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
G
I said the second one Mick grin
He seen what he was getting & agreed to the price.

Wanted Owens Motor Oil & Mobiloil Gargoyle.
Brad Ralston & my website is
www.petrobarn.com
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I also marked the second option.... You had already told the potential buyer that you were dropping the price to $150. I'm confident that you had very detailed photos in your CL listing..... So the Buyer would have known exactly what the clock looked like...

Looking for Tide Water/ Tide Water-Associated/ Tidewater items
E
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
E
crazy I'm with the Nays. Short of telling him "I guess the clock you had in mind would be $140, however THIS clock is $150........."

Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
Thanks for your offer,but no thanks.The price just went back up to $175.

R
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
R
If he drove 80 miles to get there, is it really worth the $10 bucks to go home empty handed???

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I would refuse to sell him the clock for anything less then $150.00. I never negotiate a price before the person has seen the item. Simply because first they beat down the price on the phone and then they want to do it a second time when they get there. i always ask,; How can you make an offer on something you haven't seen. I tell them before they come out that my price is firm. If you have good stuff...it sells itself.

I have very little patience or respect for inconsiderate people whether buyers or sellers. I find that craig's lister's are the worst people to deal with whether they are sellers or buyers.

Dave GILL,
Dave's Garage & Memorabilia, Inc.
G
Veteran Member
Online Content
Veteran Member
G
When a guy pulls this, I see RED! No sale! I'd destroy it first! You owe him nothing.... Paul www.severngaspumps.com

A
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
A
Really would have to let him know that other people would like the clock and sorry you wasted a trip . Maybe next time.
He tried to get it for 125.00 , you told him 150.00 , he said he wanted it. He drove 80 miles, whats another 10.00 bucks.

Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
I would tell him that the clock is still for sale but that because hes wasting your tie the price is now 160. And the. Let him walk if he wont pony up.

Hunt long and hard the good stuff still out there.
Jonathan lowry.
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
Originally Posted By: Robert77
If he drove 80 miles to get there, is it really worth the $10 bucks to go home empty handed???

With the price of gas etc... he knew exactly what he was driving all that way for; he just tried one more time to get a lower price. I voted the second option; if you had four buyers at $150.00 you'll be able to get four more.

Buying: Polarine / Red Crown Gasoline Globes and Signs, Early Chevrolet & United Motors Signs, and 1910's through 1940's Gas & Oil Signs.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Originally Posted By: Old Iron
Thanks for your offer,but no thanks.The price just went back up to $175.

Hope ya had a nice Drive, I have 2 calls that will take it for $175.

S
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
S
I'd either go with Paul and refuse to sell it to him all, or tell him it's now $200 if he wants it. If it is a cheap enough item or he's upset me enough I might throw it on the ground and stomp on it just to see the look on his face. Watched a friend do that in a similar situation once, priceless!

Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
Well,guess I don't have to wait. I told him no deal,150 or nothing.yes,I had good pics on the add.and he walked. Over ten bucks!now it wasn't cause he was driving a newer Beamer,or because he wasn't a nice guy.we made the deal by phone,he had good pics,and just wanted to see if he could get it for less. It was cause he tried to make me feel bad cause he drove all that way,and I wouldn't lower my price.time to email the other potential buyers.

Looking for gas,oil related clocks,especially neon and spinners .clock repair available. Mick
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Originally Posted By: Signs&Neons
I'd either go with Paul and refuse to sell it to him all, or tell him it's now $200 if he wants it. If it is a cheap enough item or he's upset me enough I might throw it on the ground and stomp on it just to see the look on his face. Watched a friend do that in a similar situation once, priceless!

Were you at Pomona when I Stomped a qt?
I was asking $5 & a guy offered me $3, I set it down as he reached for his wallet, I Stomped the can & said Now it's worth $3

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved