Next Thread
Print Thread
#37260 Wed Nov 20 2002 09:34 AM
M
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
M
While we were on the subject of reproducing the glass cylinders for visible pumps, does anyone know of a source for the chicken wire reinforced glass, about 6 and 3/4ths inches in diameter, that goes on the top casting of the visibles just below the globe mounting? This seems to be hard to locate. Maybe the vendors will do this one someday......

I have bought over 6 visible pumps and only have had one where this glass was not broken. I'd definitely be a customer for this. I tried to get some old window glass out of an area school that was being torn down to make some, but it was a hassle.

Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
#37261 Wed Nov 20 2002 10:12 AM
Veteran Member
Online Content
Veteran Member
Midway

I would think that any reputable glass shop could make you up as many as you would like. I know for a fact they can get the glass - it's just a matter of whether or not they could/would cut it into a circle. Obvously, somebody made them for the pumps originally. You may have to get a dozen or so made to make it cost effective, but you could sell the rest here to others that needed them.

If you e-mail me the specs, I can check with my glass shop and get back to you.

Jim

#37262 Wed Nov 20 2002 01:24 PM
S
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
S
Midway....I supply them if you need one.
Seth/Vic's Place

I've never put it in the catalog, but I guess I should!!!!!!!!

#37263 Wed Nov 20 2002 11:30 PM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Midway, Time Passages also has them listed in their old black and white catalog. It would save time to just buy them pre-made.Glad to hear your restoring so many visibles.They are nice when that soft glow of light radiates down through the jar lid glass illuminating the glass cylinder and gallon indicaters. Thats where it's at!!!

Gas Pump Rob

------------------

#37264 Thu Nov 21 2002 07:42 PM
R
R
Midway, I recently finished a restoration on a Wayne 515. I purchased a 10"x10" piece of reinforced glass from McMaster-Carr for $18.00, then paid a local glass shop $15.00 to cut it. Maybe I paid to much, but the customer was thrilled with it. That made it all worth it. Richard

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved