Oldgas.com Home

Home | Help | Events | Classifieds | Bookstore | Pictures | Auctions | Links | Collectors | Parts | Contact

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#374378 - Sun Dec 02 2012 05:58 PM Re: WTT for original globe body [Re: Bob Richards]
Gas globe guy Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: MI
Thanks Bob, I have learned that the hard way. I bought a Indian motorcycle sign for $50, and I thought it was a fake. But I got burned, I found out a few weeks ago that it was real. And it was worth $200... I was so mad because I sold it on craigslist for $20. mad I don't mean to go on a rabbit trail, just my short story of learning it the hard way. I just love learning more, and more about this awesome hobby!! Thanks for all the advice, I owe you guys one.

Thanks
Noah

#374387 - Sun Dec 02 2012 06:09 PM Re: WTT for original globe body [Re: Gas globe guy]
Gas globe guy Offline
Veteran Member

I have one more question, what would be the best book to buy in my stage of collecting??

#374391 - Sun Dec 02 2012 06:20 PM Re: WTT for original globe body [Re: Gas globe guy]
HI-OCTANE Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: Albuquerque, N. M.
Guide to Gas pump Restoration: Not just for restoring pumps but shows correct colors for pumps and globes and pump plates and the years they were used. Pretty useful information IMO.

#374394 - Sun Dec 02 2012 06:36 PM Re: WTT for original globe body [Re: HI-OCTANE]
Bob Richards Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: Longview, WA
I agree with Nelson's choice...

Here at my home; the PCM Guide, Jack's 2nd Edition and the Globe CD all sit within reach of my computer, at all times. Plus, I have a copy of Jack's pump book and the 1st edition of the PCM Guide in the Subaru at all times....

#374425 - Sun Dec 02 2012 07:54 PM Re: WTT for original globe body [Re: Bob Richards]
HoneyBearFarm Offline
Petro Enthusiast

Loc: Plainwell, Michigan
Noah,
I agree with everyone else. I have two copies of Jack's 2nd pump book - one in the house and one in my truck. I also have both PCM guides (old and new); and I have the new Globe CD loaded on my computer, iPad, and iPhone, so I have it with me all of the time. Also, talk and visit with petro collectors whenever you can; there are quite a few very knowledgeable people in Michigan alone.
Good luck, in the hunt!!

Buddy

#381347 - Fri Dec 28 2012 10:28 PM Re: WTT for original globe body [Re: Bob Richards]
Gas globe guy Offline
Veteran Member

I got the globe CD... I love it!

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun, Watchdog2 

Click on magnifying glass icon on lower left to search eBay

Copyright © 2016 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved