Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#375741 Fri Dec 07 2012 12:27 PM
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
I put this in the General Petroliana Discussion because I think this influences this part of the site most.

Every time anyone posts anything asking for information, value, offers, etc. etc. without a picture, everyone always asks for a picture, without fail.

I suggest we quit wasting our time, and that of others, and just require a picture when asking info on an item or trying to sell it.

I completely understand and agree with people's logic for wanting a picture for anything. It'a only logical, and as MANY veteran members have said, it is easy to post a picture.

Should Posting a Picture Be MANDATORY When Asking For Info On Or Selling an Item
single choice
Votes accepted starting: Fri Dec 07 2012 12:25 PM
You must vote before you can view the results of this poll.

Eddy Smith
Call or Text: 678-232-4637
E-mail: eddysmithjr@gmail.com
Always looking for pump plates or small signs!
Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
It would also be interesting to hear any discussion on the aspects of posting or not posting pictures being mandatory.

Eddy Smith
T
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
T
I think there are enough rules and regulations in the world today. if you click on a post that does not have a picture, don't respond and move on to the next. plain and simple!

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I agree with posting a picture in this matter,but I put that second,behind having each member filling out their profile fully so we know exactly who we are responding to.

Originally Posted By: towbizz33
I think there are enough rules and regulations in the world today. if you click on a post that does not have a picture, don't respond and move on to the next. plain and simple!

Our current software does not have a way to force members to post an image in order to post a question.

As the above quote suggests, if someone doesn't post a image when it is needed to answer their question, just pass it by or post a request for a picture if you feel like being helpful.

Newly registering members have been required for a while now to include their real name and accurate location in their profile to join the forum.

Last edited by Oldgas; Fri Dec 07 2012 01:17 PM. Reason: Add the registration requirements

Jim "Oldgas" Potts
Your host and moderator
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
Hey Jim,

I don't doubt that the forum itself can't force people to post pictures in their posts, but I just meant as a rule in general, something so that people feel compelled to put in the same work as everyone else, and just show some common courtesy, and if they don't then the Mods can remove their posts.

Eddy Smith
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
Eddy , Are you refering mainly about newbies finding out info to see if it's a good deal for them to buy something and then flipping for a profit? Then they never log on again. Just do what towbizz33 does (don't reply to them)

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I think it's OK to post a FOR SALE ad stating that if you find my description interesting enough to email me and I will return your email with pictures of said FOR SALE item.

However, when asking for a valuation of an item based on a description...THAT AIN"T GONNA FLY with most people...and they'll tell you plain and simple...PICS please!

DOC @ THE AMERICAN GARAGE
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
This has been beaten to death, burned, buried, dug up and beaten again...and again.

see me at Mason Dixon Gas, Spring Carlisle M114-115, and Hershey C4E-35.
T
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
T
DOC, DITTO

O
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
O
Hey thermoman I was gonna reply but you pretty much said it for me, thanks. Ron Lease ;;;;;;;;;;;

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
BUT, he wasn't a posting member the last time WE BEAT IT INTO ROAD KILL & thinks he is 1st to suggest it!

Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
Actually Dick I am neither pretentious enough nor ignorant enough to think I'm the first to suggest it. As said in my original post I have seen MANY veteran members suggest it repeatedly. I would hope Jim and the moderators might give some thought to it if they have a poll to visually prove what the majority would have. You can't give up something good just because it doesn't come to fruition the first time.

Feel free to take your ever pleasant disposition elsewhere if you have nothing to offer on the subject sir.

Eddy Smith
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
lol.
It SAD how new members try to dictate w/ a POLL to JP on how to run HIS FORUM!

Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
Originally Posted By: Here's Your Sign
I would hope Jim and the moderators might give some thought to it if they have a poll to visually prove what the majority would have. .

Pretty certain HOPING someone gives something thought isn't dictating. It is Jim's forum, but I doubt he made it just for himself and to run it with an iron fist. He seems to have built it for himself and others.

But again, I'd rather not entertain negative useless banter that has nothing to do with the topic at hand.

Eddy Smith
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved