Next Thread
Print Thread
#38056 Wed Apr 20 2005 04:49 PM
M
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
M
Hi first time here.I came across this forum because i searched for fry pumps.Only recently started to collect pumps,and still have alot to learn.Awhile back i came across a couple of 5 gallon mae west pumps that were in rough shape.actually bought them in prestonsburg KYI paid $75.00 for two with the basees,and 1 without a base.Although the cylinders were broken,and they were laying in the dirt,i figured they were worth that.the handles and pumping mechs were also gone.Also doors side,and front.Though pitted,the bodies were good,along with the tops and globe holders.A collecter i know said he would give me $400.00 for them right now.I guess what i want to know is should i sell them or hold on to them?Any idea what a fair value is?I don't want a million bucks,and i actually think i want to restore them myself,but it would be nice to know their actual value thanks mick

Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
#38057 Wed Apr 20 2005 06:22 PM
T
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
T
Hello,

I have a friend that is looking for a 5gal Fry but I dont know what he would pay for one since it doesnt have a pump or a handle. I bought one on ebay last winter and paid over 600 for it and it didnt have a pump or handle either. I thought that was a fair price. Let me know if you want to sell them and I will talk to my friend and see if we could set up a deal.

Easy G. Butler

#38058 Wed Apr 20 2005 09:08 PM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Since you are new to this OBESSION, go slow with selling. After you have a few dozen, you will find your direction [pre visible, visible, clockface, computer] of collecting.

Sometimes it is better to trade for pumps or stuff you like.
Just my 2 cents.
Dick

#38059 Fri Apr 22 2005 05:32 PM
L
L
If you are looking for the pump for the fry, I have the pump for it. Most time that you find the pumps the shaft is broken off where the handle goes on, but mine is in real good shape. I will sell it if you need it.Let me know.

#38060 Sat Apr 23 2005 01:10 PM
M
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
M
thansk for the info.at this time im going to hld onto these pumps,couse they're kinda cool.also yes i would be interested in the pump mech,what are you asking?you can email me back @ southshorehtg@aol.com or call me at 847 878 8941

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved