Click here for Petro Porcelain Sign auction listings

Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I had lots of "just missed it" but here is one I got a second chance at it: http://www.oldgas.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=341171&page=1

I likeShell [Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]
Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
I have repressed the memories of such events and hope this post does not trigger them...

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I could've had about 3 cases of Invader motor oil quarts that some guy found in a machine shop (cabinet) that he recently purchased. He contacted me and asked me to make an offer...apparently $10-12 a quart (not seeing them) wasn't enough. I told him to sell them on ebay and have fun!

Last edited by THE AMERICAN GARAGE; Sun Dec 30 2012 03:37 PM.

DOC @ THE AMERICAN GARAGE
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
BTT....gotta be more stories....RIGHT!?? wink

DOC @ THE AMERICAN GARAGE
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
It could also be the one that you sold away.

Hunt long and hard the good stuff still out there.
Jonathan lowry.
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
blush crazy cry Okay, I'll "Fess-up" and tell a story on me when I was a new-bee. Saw a Lubester in the Shopper Paper for sale, got there early and had first shot at buying it. Glass cylinder pump, and a little Porcelain Texaco sign clamped on it. Well I had just bought a lubester to restore and didn't need another project, so I passed on this one for $100, DUH! Another Old Gasser was there and of course he bought it. He still tells me about selling just the Texaco Plate at Pamona Swap meet for $500 whenever we meet. I hope we can learn from our mistakes.

Veteran Member
Online Content
Veteran Member
Summer of 1974,Linda Kolculski.

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
40 years ago a friend (before I knew him) had a chance to buy an original Norman Rockwell painting for $600, but decided to pay his rent instead. I know, I know, not petro, but one sold in November for over 15 million... cry

E
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
E
Was the 2nd caller for a Pegasus cookie cutter a few years back for around 700. It was pretty darn clean and about an hr away. Buyer didnt pick it up for a week and I was strung along for the full time...torture. Always have to keep your head up though. Thought that was a one shot in a lifetime miss. 6 months later I found a cleaner one for 600!

Mainly focused on Oilzum, Jenney, Harris Oil items & original paint gas pumps.
J
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
J
I couldn't find these pictures when this post first appeared. Found them today. Lost all these pumps, signs, four cars, VW Single cab and a lot more signs.

It was called: D-I-V-O-R-C-E

Jack Sim

Author, 1st & 2nd editions of Gas Pump ID book, 3rd edition is now available at www.gaspumpbible.com
Air Meter ID book also available
R
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
R
In the late 90's the local Chevy dealer was closing it's doors and the owner was selling everything to the bare walls. In front of the dealership, over the showroom window hung the original Walker & Co sign for this dealership, "Tirb Chevrolet Co". I asked Mr. Tirb what he'd take for it and he said "Shoot me an offer". I gave him a price and he said come back in a week and he'd let me know. After a week had past I stopped back in and he said he had changed his mind and the sign was no longer for sale, spoke of donating it to a local historical museum. This is the same sign that now hangs on the wall of the GM Historical Collection in Sterling Heights, Mi. I still get upset when I see pics of "my sign" hanging there, and I'm a FORD guy!!!

tirb.png
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
I had the chance to buy this same type of sign off eBay but this sign was in mint condition for 500$ and did not get to the guy in time.

delco battery.jpg
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
Looks like this thread needs a little action. Here's a couple we wish we had still.

office for oldgas.jpg
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
A few weeks ago there was a 36B on craigslist for $300, I called a few times but never got a call back. I'm guessing it sold pretty quick.

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Eons ago I was offered 1 complete Roman [$2500] of a pair found, I tried to buy both & ended w/o either. I let Greed kill the deal. Lesson Learned.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved