Page 2 of 2 1 2
F
F40LM Offline OP
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
F
Originally Posted By: Dave's Garage
Period correct for that pump would be 13.5" capco (plastic) body.

Thanks for the confirmation.

Been looking around with no luck yet, can anyone give me a good rebuild thread here or a site where one of you guys shows how you rebuilt your pump kind of step by step. Want to do my homework and do it right the first time.

Going by grandmothers again today to wish her happy New Year. She is 94, hope I make it that far down the road. Will look again for the missing door in the leaves etc.

Happy New Years to everyone.

Michael

Value Questions and Showcase forums

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
F40LM #382705 Wed Jan 02 2013 02:24 PM
F
F40LM Offline OP
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
F
Well did another search....no door. But I may have a line on a replacement. As long as it measures up, literally, and we can meet on price.

Going to try to begin removing the unwanted inside parts this week. Maybe by chance I can get a few $$ for them to help buy the exterior parts I will need.

F40LM #383395 Fri Jan 04 2013 06:02 PM
F
F40LM Offline OP
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
F
Very lucky to have located a 'local' source for a short 39 door with glass in it for $100. A real blessing. Will post a pic when it arrives on Jan 17th. It is a lift off door type I am told, but is correct size. Can't wait to see it in person.

Michael

F40LM #383525 Sat Jan 05 2013 08:55 AM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
You are probably going to have some issues making a liftoff door work on a hinged pump. I have never tried converting one but you will need lockplates on the base and I believe the sight glasses are different on the two pumps but I don't know if that will give problems or not. May be other issues?? Also the doors are not going to match visually.

Drive with Care and Buy Sinclair!! I buy Sinclair globes, signs, cans, ect.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I agree that visually the doors are different. Lift off door has a louvered vent opening and a key lock cylinder at the bottom. Hinged door is smooth at the bottom with no vent or lock.

I suppose, it will work as you won`t be looking at both doors at the same time. But, if you are anything like the rest of us...it will drive you nuts knowing that it`s not correct.

Sightglass manifold and pump face plates will should not be an issue.

I`ve attached photo`s of both styles of pumps that I have restored in the past. You will be able to note the differences.

Red Indian1.jpg Tok 39 Harley-A3.jpg
Last edited by Dave's Garage; Sat Jan 05 2013 11:52 AM.

Dave GILL,
Dave's Garage & Memorabilia, Inc.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Put the door you don't like up against wall till ya find the correct one. Mismatched is still better than No Door on back side.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved