Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#3820 Sun May 06 2001 09:27 PM
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
I have both a southvvest 76c and a bennett 76 and in both the veeder root computers are frozen. I have cleaned both as and soaked them in vvd 40 for days but nothing vvorks. Both computers have the bells and Id like to be able to reset them and get them moving again. Any hints are of great help. Thanks

Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
#3821 Mon May 07 2001 08:02 AM
J
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
J
As all #45 Veeder-Root computers are the same, (invented in the early 30s it was used into the 60s) just get one that is loose and put it in your pump. Veeder-Root computers were only guaranteed for 22 months, so the chances of the computers you have being the the ones the that were in the pump when it was new are very slim. When a computer went bad, the station owner called the rapair man, he came out, pulled out the bad computer and put in a rebuilt one. He then rebuilt the old one for the next job. Some computers had white wheels and some had black, but years ago no one cared what was in the pump, as long as it worked.

Author, 1st & 2nd editions of Gas Pump ID book, 3rd edition is now available at www.gaspumpbible.com
Air Meter ID book also available

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved