Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#38314 Tue Mar 23 2004 11:38 AM
S
smph50 Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Hi Guys! 1st time newbie on this board but I’ve been lurking in the background for some
time now learning a ton of stuff. I’m doing a Martin & Schwartz model 65 that’s been in
my barn for over 32 yr. and Ron Scobie and Jack Sim have been a tremendous help getting me started on the right track. I’ve got all the pieces except for the front and rear door skins that the gas station owner thought would be better used on his pickup than on the pump. Also, using the same pickup, he moved the pump without taking out all of the base bolts so that’s missing too. I’ve cobbled up a base using 2”x2.5” angle iron and 1” band iron to mimic the cast iron top. However pictures of this beast are few and far between. What I need to see is what the “Panel Cross-Bars” looked like that hold the skins to the frame and how they hooked onto the door panels? Can anyone come up with a photo or recommend someone who might have one? Its going to be finished as a 1937
Shell. Thanks for your help! Sincerely, Scott H.

Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
#38315 Tue Mar 23 2004 06:36 PM
A
A
Scott, I restored a M&S 65 a few years back and I feel your pain with the lack of info and pictures out there. Mr. Scobie was a great help to me so your definetly on the right track. Mine also was in rough shape and missing parts. I ended up having the door skins, and computer faces fabricated and casting another "sunbrust" plate above the window. I have several before and after pictures and I will be happy to email them to you or help you in any way I can. They look great when they are finished!

#38316 Tue Mar 23 2004 07:02 PM
+
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
+
Scott ,Welcome to Oldgas, you've got some good fabrication skills , nice job on the base, when your done with this pump you'll be qualifide to build anything from nothing. I'm sure it will look good keep us posted on your progress, and take a lot of pictures.

Chris Holt
#38317 Thu Mar 25 2004 09:33 AM
S
smph50 Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Thank You Andrew and Chris for your welcome and advice. I will keep progress photo's and post them when there is something to see. Still hoping to see a photo of those "Panel Cross Bars" Sincerely, Scott H.

#38318 Thu Mar 25 2004 05:33 PM
A
A
Scott, sorry for the delay. I'll try and post the before and after pictures of my pump, but I don't think they'll show what you need so I'll try a description. The skins are bolted to the frame by three angled brackets that are attached to the skins. They match up with the angles on the frame rails. The fabricator I used made the single bracket hinge to allow me to fit the other two brackets inside the pump. The top of the skins are held down by the window frame. The long slender side panels hinge to allow access to bolt the front and back panels to the frame. I hope that helps and if you want early next week I can take the camera out to the shop and try to take a picture of this.

#38319 Thu Mar 25 2004 07:00 PM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Here is Andrew's M&S 65. Before & after.

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved