Print Thread
Mobilgas reflective road sign #3834
Sat Dec 02 2000 03:42 PM
Sat Dec 02 2000 03:42 PM
Y
Yazger Offline OP
Yazger  Offline OP
Y
I recently purchased a 5' x 4' Mobilgas reflective highway sign. At the top, it says "Just Ahead." Under that is the shield with pegasus and "Mobilgas" and "Socony-Vacuum." I would like any information regarding dating and value, but I would also like any advice on how to clean it. The texture of the sign is very rough/sandy (I think because of the reflective coating) so I don't know if scrubbing or certain cleaners would damage this coating. Thank you for your help.

------------------

Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
Re: Mobilgas reflective road sign #3835
Wed Dec 13 2000 06:00 PM
Wed Dec 13 2000 06:00 PM
N
n2collecting Offline
n2collecting  Offline
N
Hey Yazger: I have this very same sign, when I got it, it was dull and sorta splotchy. I scrubbed it with a soft brush and detergent,which didn't help much, then clear coated it with Krylon spray clear. That gives it a uniform, darker appearance (like when it is wet ).Hope this helps.
Quote:
Originally posted by Yazger:

I recently purchased a 5' x 4' Mobilgas reflective highway sign. At the top, it says "Just Ahead." Under that is the shield with pegasus and "Mobilgas" and "Socony-Vacuum." I would like any information regarding dating and value, but I would also like any advice on how to clean it. The texture of the sign is very rough/sandy (I think because of the reflective coating) so I don't know if scrubbing or certain cleaners would damage this coating. Thank you for your help.

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun, Watchdog9 

Click for an eBay Search Form and lots more live petro auction listings

Copyright © 2018 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved