Oldgas.com Home

Home | Help | Events | Books | Pictures | Auctions | Links | Collectors | Parts | Contact

Topic Options
#3834 - Sat Dec 02 2000 04:42 PM Mobilgas reflective road sign
Yazger Offline

I recently purchased a 5' x 4' Mobilgas reflective highway sign. At the top, it says "Just Ahead." Under that is the shield with pegasus and "Mobilgas" and "Socony-Vacuum." I would like any information regarding dating and value, but I would also like any advice on how to clean it. The texture of the sign is very rough/sandy (I think because of the reflective coating) so I don't know if scrubbing or certain cleaners would damage this coating. Thank you for your help.

------------------

Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
#3835 - Wed Dec 13 2000 07:00 PM Re: Mobilgas reflective road sign
n2collecting Offline

Hey Yazger: I have this very same sign, when I got it, it was dull and sorta splotchy. I scrubbed it with a soft brush and detergent,which didn't help much, then clear coated it with Krylon spray clear. That gives it a uniform, darker appearance (like when it is wet ).Hope this helps.
Quote:
Originally posted by Yazger:

I recently purchased a 5' x 4' Mobilgas reflective highway sign. At the top, it says "Just Ahead." Under that is the shield with pegasus and "Mobilgas" and "Socony-Vacuum." I would like any information regarding dating and value, but I would also like any advice on how to clean it. The texture of the sign is very rough/sandy (I think because of the reflective coating) so I don't know if scrubbing or certain cleaners would damage this coating. Thank you for your help.

Moderator:  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun, Watchdog9 

Click on magnifying glass icon on lower left to search eBay

Copyright © 2017 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved