Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 22 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 21 22
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
Thanks for contributing, Brad... Oh, your items look good to me....

Looking for Tide Water/ Tide Water-Associated/ Tidewater items
Value Questions and Showcase forums

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Scarce masonite thermo

see me at Mason Dixon Gas, Spring Carlisle M114-115, and Hershey C4E-35.
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
There are some nice things shown here to be sure!
I've always liked Tidewater stuff maybe because when I started collecting years ago there seemed to be a lot of it around in Western Oklahoma. Here's a clockface pump with a Tydol metal band globe I found in the attic of a Dodge dealership in 1975 in Altus. At one time I had the two cast milk glass globes as well, but as usual in those days Kyle Moore ended up with them in some kind of trade that I can't even remember now! I don't think Tidewater ever used this particular Bowser pump, but when I traded for it it was already finished in black and orange and I had the globe so . . . I had the decal and ad glass made. I've never seen an original Tydol ad glass that would fit this space plus as you know, early Tydol ad glasses are pretty scarce and don't come up for sale as often as the later Flying A ones.
Also pictured is a Forzol sign that came out in 1926 (note "26" in the corner) with the last series of Model T Fords. Incredibly, this sign was a barn find in 2010 in Middle-of-Nowhere, New Mexico. This particular brand name was superseded by the Model A banner you can see to the left. The brand was previously called "Fordol" and I imagine at some point the Ford Motor Co. made Tidewater stop using that configuration as Ford dealers sold their own lubricants and anti-freeze.

In the second photo (taken sometime earlier than the first) you can also see a bit of an original, authentic paper banner that uses the same image as the reproduction sign discussed above in this thread.

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
txs a lot Steve for post your awesome pumps.that paper sign is a very rare one ,your very lucky to have a original.that`s a very hard piece to find,,i`m still on the hunt for your signs so we`ll keep hunting..txs a lot
Alan

Big Al`s Garage
Always looking for::
Veedol-Tydol-Tidex-Cycol-Tycol.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
i agree with ya Thermoman,that`s a rare thermoneter,,i have one and in fact its my second one since i lost the first one in a fire in my garage with 10 other signs 3yrs ago,,all i can say is have INSURANCE.txs for posting,,i will post my thermometers later..
txs Alan

Big Al`s Garage
R
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
R
Beautiful stuff guys. Most of the stuff that I have has already been shown. but I have a couple of things I can add. Keep it coming!

WANTED: Lonzo Oil, Pacer, Super Par Items
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Here are photos of all the Shoebox globes that I know of from the Tidewater/Getty Oil family. The Flying A shoebox globes date from the late 50's after Getty Oil dropped the Tydol name.

The Diesel version of Flying A with the red background is a recent new discovery. There should also be a Kersosene version of this globe.

If you know of any shoebox globes not pictured here please let me know as these woud be new discoveries.

Great post, lets keep the photos coming!

Lonnie & Aaron hop

IMG_2595.JPG IMG_2597.JPG IMG_2599.JPG IMG_2598.JPG

Wanted: Ripple Body Globes, picture globe, any Dixie Distributors keyhole gas pump globe and ANYTHING from Old Dutch Refining, Muskegon, MI Musgo sign
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
The Tydol Ethyl in the top right of the 1st picture above is a solid 1-piece milk glass shoebox globe. It is the only one known to exit presently. I know there must be other ones out there.

If you have one let us know as we are always looking to expand our knowledge of known globes!

Thanks!

Lonnie & Aaron Hop

Last edited by olddutchgas; Sun Jan 06 2013 05:56 PM.

Wanted: Ripple Body Globes, picture globe, any Dixie Distributors keyhole gas pump globe and ANYTHING from Old Dutch Refining, Muskegon, MI Musgo sign
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
Ryan, some great signage there! That Flying A Tire in the display holder is an item I hope to own someday...

Lonnie and Aaron, I've been waiting for you two to show some globes.... But, WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What a fantastic SHOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A big thank you, to all that have contributed so far!!!!!!!!!

If you have an item, I hope you will share.... I know I have more items, to share....

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I dont know a lot about globes, but i know i am looking at a fantastic collection. Thanks for sharing pics on shoebox globes. A real treat to see.

see me at Mason Dixon Gas, Spring Carlisle M114-115, and Hershey C4E-35.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
thanks soo much Lonnie and Aaron for posting the globes!!! i have to say this this the highlight of my collecting experience seeing all these globes together..man all i can say is that it`s over the top..I love this Co. and would love to have a few of these in my collection,,someday!!! txs again
Alan

Big Al`s Garage
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Here's a photo of one of the more graphic Tydol globes. In the coming weeks we will go through our photo archives and post more globe photos.

Keep them pictures coming!

Lonnie & Aaron hop

IMG_2600.JPG

Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
Unbelievable globe!

Good thing the CD is already in my laptop, so I could check to see when the globe was used! I don't know if I could have loaded it after seeing the images!!! I've now got the shakes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL

Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
I want to thank every one who has gotten this Month's Thread off to a Flying Start.... I hope that anyone/everyone who has a Tide Water/Veedol/Tidewater-Associated/Tidewater/Getty and Associated item will think about sharing a photo.... Unless someone has contacted Shawn about doing a separate COTM based on Associated Oil... I will plan on adding the Company to this one as at least in my mind the two Company's are "tied" together like........

Peanut Butter and Jelly, Abbott and Costello, Martin and Lewis....

Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
A few more early Tide Water/Veedol smalls:

1930s:

cloth pennant:

"Do it yourself" Autogiro booklet:

Blimp oil; used oil from the Graf Zeppelin and other dirigibles that Tydol and Veedol ground crews serviced:

1933 Canadian Veedol magazine ad touting the new Veedol "Sealed Cans":

Page 6 of 22 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 21 22

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved