Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
J
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
J
I have three very nice porcelain mobilgas pump plates for sale on ebay.

Mobilgas

mobilgas special

mobilfuel diesel

please bid through oldgas. thanks!

J
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
J
ending tonite. Feel free to make offers through ebay or oldgas. If sold through oldgas or bought by a member on ebay ill donate a percentage of the sale to oldgas.com

Thanks!

J
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
J
I have had questions about these signs. My dad sold a small stancola porcelain sign to a forum member i think roadrelics....these signs were bought 8 yrs before that. My mother is fighting breast cancer so i am selling some stuff from my dads collection.

This was my fathers . He bought it at the gun show at the hall of industry in little rock AR. It was bought from a mobil oil employee who had taken them off pumps. The signs were all wrapped in newspaper from my father and have been stored as such. We have an antique mall and he is retiring and thining down. Any reproduction i sell I will state it as such and will only sell licensed or limited marked reproductions and state that. I have no doubts about any of the signs. I have a fire cheif in both styles justs as nice . The SPecial was just about as nice as this one just had some paint around the edges, i did not clean them up. The diesel was damaged on the corner where someone pried it and i can also see signs of being drilled out on the gromet. Again I stand by my word and offer refunds if you are not satisfied. Thanks! Clint Jones

D
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
D
Hi Clint,
There should be no questions about the authenticity of your signs. All three you had listed are/were without question the real deal. The thing about the two with the thin blue borders is they are from the Magnolia marketing territory and the design is unique to that market. For some reason they get questioned, especially by newer collectors unaware of this fact. The diesel is the standard Mobilfuel Diesel sign. These are normally dated 1951, 52, or 53 with the wide blue border.
If you needed any 2nd opinion on authenticity I just gave it, lol! smile
Darin

Darin Sheffer
Always looking for Mobil and Marathon items I don't already have!
J
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
J
I seen it for myself so I know its true and i remember when i was young and set up at the shows . Hes selling some stuff but were both still buying and looking for deals .

Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
Junker. You've got some nice signs there in my opinion sir.

God bless your family and especially your mom in her recovery.

Eddy Smith
Call or Text: 678-232-4637
E-mail: eddysmithjr@gmail.com
Always looking for pump plates or small signs!

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Petro Porcelain Sign auction listings *

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved