Next Thread
Print Thread
#38514 Sat Nov 03 2007 11:13 PM
G
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
G
Hi: First Posting, Was at a Garage Sale today and came upon 30 boxes of oil well records and logs dating back to 1900 to present in Oklahoma is there any value in them. I have been collecting Oil & Gas & Soda for about 5 years and have had hundreds of items but have had to sell most of my collection. I still have 4 pumps and several hundred Gas & Oil & Soda Signs. Well, Thanks for listening. I look forward everyday to reading all you Guys & Gals information about my hobby. Please advice on Oil Well Logs

Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
#38515 Sat Nov 03 2007 11:36 PM
J
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
J
Your find is of value to those who are interested in the exporation of the oil, oil wells, oil well equipment, oil fields, etc. This section of the oil collectibles mostly concentrates on the gas pumps, and anything else used to sell oil and gasoline (signs, globes), more the advertising part of the hobby.
In having watched this site for about 10 years now, I don't remember anyone asking, or showing any interest in your find.
Don't get rid of what you have found, I am sure there is somewhere out there who is searching for information on the explorations of oil. Even donating your find to the Tulsa Historical Society would be a great thing (take a tax deduction on your donation).
I wrote a book on gas pumps, but I am not an author, I am a historian, and I encourage anyone to preserve this type of material.
Good luck to you, someone out there would really like to acquire what you have found.
Jack Sim

Author, 1st & 2nd editions of Gas Pump ID book, 3rd edition is now available at www.gaspumpbible.com
Air Meter ID book also available
#38516 Sun Nov 04 2007 06:02 AM
G
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
G
Thanks Jack for answering, I hate to throw away the past and she said that I could have them for free so I guess I will pick them up later today Sunday after the race. I opened just one box and saw names like DX Sunray and Cities Service so I am sure that there is some wall hanging paperwork in all those boxes. Again Thanks for your help and answer my first of many questions. I just added a post to Quartcans in Kansas City I remember him coming in my store several years ago, I bid I have sold to several dozen members in these forums. Thanks again and if I can every help you down here in the Tulsa, Oklahoma area I will be glad to.

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved