Print Thread
#38542 Mon Jul 30 2001 07:35 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ok, I know that the Arizona Cactus glass set was issued through Blakely's Oil stations. But does anybody know about the origin and distribution of the Western Cactus set? I've seen some of the ice tea glasses and they are identical in design to the AZ Cactus glasses, except there are some glasses that didn't appear in the AZ Cactus set. Were they issued by Blakely or through a different chain? Or are they not gas station premiums at all? Any info would be appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
#38543 Fri Aug 16 2002 05:43 PM
E
E
My Father and Uncle Created the art work that was then put into production of the glasses.
Quote:
Originally posted by DonP:
Ok, I know that the Arizona Cactus glass set was issued through Blakely's Oil stations. But does anybody know about the origin and distribution of the Western Cactus set? I've seen some of the ice tea glasses and they are identical in design to the AZ Cactus glasses, except there are some glasses that didn't appear in the AZ Cactus set. Were they issued by Blakely or through a different chain? Or are they not gas station premiums at all? Any info would be appreciated. Thanks in advance!

#38544 Sat Aug 17 2002 12:00 AM
J
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
J
I have just about every glass and dish that was given away by the Blakely Oil Co., but I know nothing about a western Cactus set. I also have history of the glasses and I plan to write an article about them in a forthcoming issue of "Check The Oil!." You need to either post a picture on this website (in case I can't identify them, maybe someone else can) or send me a picture. My email address is : jhsim@swbell.net
By the way, why do you want to know about the glasse. History is great, how about sharing it with everyone.

Author, 1st & 2nd editions of Gas Pump ID book, 3rd edition is now available at www.gaspumpbible.com
Air Meter ID book also available

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved