Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member

THANKS!

DOC @ THE AMERICAN GARAGE
Value Questions and Showcase forums

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Back on the 19th of december, there was a member from up in the Iron Range in Minnesota, that posted some "VERY" early Standard Oil wooden signs that he was asking for a value on and indicated that he was willing to sell one!

http://oldgas.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Main=60534&Number=379035#Post379035

Well, to make a long story short, he responded to my email and I was able to strike a deal on both of the signs! These are from the "VERY" earliest days of Standard Oil! These signs were from 1911 or earlier and are marked as an "Indiana Corporation" which was before the breakup of Standard Oil in 1911 and are documented as having been in the basement of the sellers house since 1916! They are even stamped "Standard Oil" on the backs of the signs, to indicate that they were the property of Standard Oil!
I can't imagine being able to own a piece of Standard Oil history that dates back to the John D Rockefeller years! I am cheezed over these 2 pieces! Enjoy!

Standard Oil signs 001.JPG Standard Oil signs 003.JPG Standard Oil signs 005.JPG

Everything Cities Service
Specializing in old Gas Pumps
kwfrith@gondtc.com
Cell#-701-739-6133
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Got a near Nos Pure Oil truckstop lobby lighted sign from a fellow old-gasser for my collection.

IMG_0044 (2).jpg IMG_0043 (2).jpg
Last edited by Mike M.; Sun Jan 13 2013 06:23 PM.

Thanks
Mike

Always Looking for any Pure Oil and Sunoco Items.
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
MIKE THAT'S A BEAUTY!

Love those light ups! smile

DOC @ THE AMERICAN GARAGE
T
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
T
Looks Great Mike, Those are some nice early wood signs Kevin I have one similier myself.

TBA Feature Host
TBA Feature Host
Picked up this arrow

And this nos sign

The most valuable commodity I know of is information-Wall Street
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Kevin you just never stop with good stuff and great finds. I wish I had someone calling me all the time with good stuff.

Drive with Care and Buy Sinclair!! I buy Sinclair globes, signs, cans, ect.
G
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
G
Here is my find, Texaco DSP 42". Really nice condition.

Texaco 42.jpg

Camron
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Originally Posted By: K W FRITH
Back on the 19th of december, there was a member from up in the Iron Range in Minnesota, that posted some "VERY" early Standard Oil wooden signs that he was asking for a value on and indicated that he was willing to sell one!

http://oldgas.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Main=60534&Number=379035#Post379035

Well, to make a long story short, he responded to my email and I was able to strike a deal on both of the signs! These are from the "VERY" earliest days of Standard Oil! These signs were from 1911 or earlier and are marked as an "Indiana Corporation" which was before the breakup of Standard Oil in 1911 and are documented as having been in the basement of the sellers house since 1916! They are even stamped "Standard Oil" on the backs of the signs, to indicate that they were the property of Standard Oil!
I can't imagine being able to own a piece of Standard Oil history that dates back to the John D Rockefeller years! I am cheezed over these 2 pieces! Enjoy!

...neat signs to be sure, Kevin - but wouldn't the 'Indiana' date them as AFTER the breakup? Standard isn't my forte, but I would have thought that earlier signs would just say 'Standard Oil'...I'm sure there's a dated photo of a truck with these signs somewhere...

Looking for better Gulf items: signs, globes, cans and paper - especially porcelain Gulf flanges, and Gulf A-38 & A-62 ad glass...
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
I have been adding to the collection with a Texaco 5-year award, a Kayo gallon to go with my oiler, and three early imperial gallons: Oneida, Firestone and Chryco. Also picked up another 4 foot oak showcase on my way home from an antique show in November at a small town store. The price was right and I couldn't leave it behind. I was hoping I could squeeze just one more showcase into the basement and I guess I did it. My Imperial 3-star and red ball items were getting too crowded in the another showcase and I thought if I got another one I could put all the white, red and blue 3-star Imperial and the Imperial Esso Products items together. Once I get the 3-star dealer sign hung on the wall above, it should be complete. Cheers, Don.

o1-1.jpg o2-2.jpg o3.jpg o4.jpg o6.jpg
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
One more photo. Cheers, Don.

o5.jpg
B
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
B
Gulfiend

Wouldn't these signs be large for a truck ? 10 feet X 18" just thinking out loud.

Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
Nice signs Kevin.You know it's not good business to store all your valuables in one spot,sometimes it's best to spread them out like maybe one in Mississippi! LOL

Always looking for Mississippi company items, Billups, southland, ride with rose.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I wondered where that Firestone can went. I wanted it.

I likeShell [Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
Sorry Matt, but we have to keep all the good Canadian stuff in Canada to avoid being overrun by all the junk made in China that Walmart keeps bringing in. lol. Cheers, Don.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved