Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
G
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
G
I had a couple of friends give me a couple of nifty things that I am just wondering what they're worth. 99% of the time I pay good money for everything that I add to my collection. Before I purchase any item that I'm unsure of it's value I will research it so I know what the value is before I buy it. Regarding these 2 items, they were freebies and although I would NEVER sell either, I am wondering what they are worth? The first item is a Fry 117 visible. It's in rough shape (no cylider, a lot of small stuff missing, etc.) but one day I will tackle it and it should come out good. On a scale of 1 - 10 I would rate this a 3. The second is a set of NOS Lion globe lenses which I would rate at 9 1/2 or 10, they came straight out of the original box. As I said I would never sell these because they were gifts from very dear friends and I'm not really in this hobby for the money, it's for the love of a by-gone era. THANKS for any help! gas pump freak
PS- If I would be lucky enough to be able to get 2 more of the Lion NOS lens and sell them would I be better off to put them on a nice new globe body or just sell the 2 lenses?

[This message has been edited by gas pump freak (edited 11-10-2003).]

Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
G
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
G
I'll give you my opinion on value. It is hard to really give an accurate value on the Fry without seeing it and just going by a description that it is "rough". A nice complete Fry without the cylinder will easily bring $1000. You can start deducting from the value by how many parts are missing. By just taking a wild guess of how rough yours is, I'd say $300-$500. The NOS Lion globe lens will easily fetch $1000-$1200 without a glass body. Hope this helps you some.

O
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
O
As to Gary's reply, Ditto''''''Ron

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved