Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#388581 Thu Jan 24 2013 03:56 PM
B
OP Offline
B
I have two frames with no air meter guts. I'm looking for complete but don't have to be functional, whatcha guys got?

Always looking for gas pumps and air meters to restore. I also make 6" globe rings from spun aluminum polished and very nice.
J
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
J
ECOs are selling on Ebay for $600.00 to $900.00 depending on the day of the week.

Sheet metal, frames, wall mounts and pedestals are available.

Not very often does a mechanisn show up on Ebay.

I have some NOS ones. $1000.00 each.

Consider this:

I have a few NOS mechanisms, they are brand new, calibrated and ready to install. Alone the main valve is worth $300.00, strainer $75.00, hose hook arm $75.00, wheels + $125.00, misc. parts $300.00, and they are calibrated, ready to install.

If you are able to find one, what will it cost to make it work? If you send the unit to us for rebuilt the average cost is about $350.00.

Parts for these units were being made up until about 2 years ago, I am running out, in my opion within two years you will not be able to rebuild (to work) any of the Model 90 Series meters.

I average selling two completely restored ECOs for $2000.00 each, per month. The petro collectors are not buying them (they are still looking for one for $100.00) the man cave guys are eating them up.

Here is a pic of the mechanisms I have: http://www.oldgas.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=386678&Searchpage=2&Main=61691&Words=Columbia%2C+MO&Search=true#Post386678

If you want to see all the ECO parts I have available check out my website: www.petrocollect.com

Jack Sim
jhsim@petrocollect.com

Last edited by Jack Sim; Sat Jan 26 2013 12:22 AM.

Author, 1st & 2nd editions of Gas Pump ID book, 3rd edition is now available at www.gaspumpbible.com
Air Meter ID book also available
B
OP Offline
B
Hi Jack thanks for the reply. I am aware of your products my name is Craig Svader. You may recall I invented the air globe kit for 90 series air meters which has since been copied (POORLY) by a fellow in New York. Anyway, while I have done museum quality restorations on my air meters and have sold probably over a hundred since I started, I have yet to be able to fetch $2000.00 for a 97/98. I am sure somebody will pay $1000.00 for the mech at some point, but not this fella. Good to hear from ya after all these years perhaps we will be doing business in the future.

Always looking for gas pumps and air meters to restore. I also make 6" globe rings from spun aluminum polished and very nice.
J
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
J
Believe me, $2000 is not unreasonable for a 97/98. I sold two in December and four so far this month. Since last summer we have sold over 10.

Are you baseing you prices on what you paid for the meter or on what it will cost you to buy another. On Ebay they are selling for as much as $1000 unresored. If someone is selling a "restored" one that has scratches and dents, or is not working, it still needs you to do the same thing to it as you would with a completely unrestored meter.

I have a friend who restores coke machines, and he told me he does not put a value on the time he spends, some guys think they are making money using this method of determining the selling price.

Don't underestimate your work, it is much easier to sell one for $2000.00 making yourself $600.00 than it is selling three for $1800.00 making $200.00 each, and you only have to find one buyer.

Jack Sim

Last edited by Jack Sim; Mon Jan 28 2013 10:31 PM.

Author, 1st & 2nd editions of Gas Pump ID book, 3rd edition is now available at www.gaspumpbible.com
Air Meter ID book also available

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Classic Project Car auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved