Oldgas.com Home

Home | Help | Events | Classifieds | Bookstore | Pictures | Auctions | Links | Collectors | Parts | Contact

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#389189 - Sat Jan 26 2013 09:40 PM Re: our cluttered collection [Re: HoneyBearFarm]
hotrodfun1 Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: Montana
Super nice collection,and cool story

Value Questions and Showcase forums

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
#389212 - Sat Jan 26 2013 11:52 PM Re: our cluttered collection [Re: HoneyBearFarm]
47reo-travis Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: Fredericktown Missouri
Thanks the truck came out of your great state of Michigan ,the chassis id tag says reo motor corp.lansing Michigan on it. It is a 49 reo speed wagon that I rescued a few years ago. It sat for many years after being used as a log truck and the owner was going to scrap it and I just couldn't let that happen ! I made him a offer and got it bought and now its kind of turned into a rat rod project ,but a long way from being completed. I also have a 47 reo two ton some day I hope to restore as well. I am sure a lot of the members on here are aware ,but REO corp. was named from the founder Ransom Eli Olds ,which was the founder of the oldsmobile corporation as well . These trucks to me are just another important part of American automotive history that is on its way to being forgotten. My trouble is I have other projects as well and I get to may irons in the fire at once .I hope if I live long enough , I will complete them all , but my plan is to start the kids early and hope they will take off with it .When I tell people my 8 year old son mig welds and my daughter uses air tools I get the strangest looks ,but its the truth they do and are learning. Seems like in todays world kids are more into video games etc, but hope I can turn them on to more common sense hand on skills maybe they will be able to use some day and always remember ,and I sure like all the positive comments,thanks .

#389250 - Sun Jan 27 2013 08:59 AM Re: our cluttered collection [Re: 47reo-travis]
LOWright Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: Louisville, Kentucky
Nice collection! It's great that the kids enjoy it.

I think a lot of people remember REO from the 20's and 30's but they were still in business until 1975. Nice truck……..

#389260 - Sun Jan 27 2013 09:29 AM Re: our cluttered collection [Re: HoneyBearFarm]
Steven C. Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: MICHIGAN
Wonderful collection!! I hope you never restore Grandpa's old pump. That thing looks awesome just the way it is!!! Great barn/garage too!! I am so envious of people with the land for such a building!

#389273 - Sun Jan 27 2013 10:08 AM Re: our cluttered collection [Re: 47reo-travis]
ritnc Offline

Loc: new mexico
great signs! its neat your kids are into it, nothing like the hunt. thats a great looking reo

#389348 - Sun Jan 27 2013 01:31 PM Re: our cluttered collection [Re: ritnc]
47reo-travis Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: Fredericktown Missouri
Thanks again ,it is really nice to see so many people that share the same interest !!! And I sure will leave grandpas pump as is .

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Click on magnifying glass icon on lower left to search eBay

Copyright © 2016 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved