Oldgas.com Home

Home | Help | Events | Classifieds | Bookstore | Pictures | Auctions | Links | Collectors | Parts | Contact

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#389063 - Sat Jan 26 2013 03:07 PM our cluttered collection
47reo-travis Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: Fredericktown Missouri
Me and my kids wanted to share pictures of our collection. Our stuff is not that rare or mint but is special to me due to all the memories and fun finding it . My daughter is now 10 and has went with me on about every excursion finding it . She says she cant wait to start this summer. My son who is 8 now likes to work on the gas pumps , we managed to get two redone in 2012 and are looking forward to a couple more this year . The 96 Gilbarco Sinclair pump was our first pump we did and the Mobil script 80 was our second this fall. The little rusty red Mobil regular Gilbarco 996 is our favorite, It was my grandfather's and he let me help fuel his tractors during hay season in the early 80's , and I can still remember to this day the sound it made when using it. But anyways, here's our little collection we wanted to share and hope you all enjoy!

Attachments
DSCN0129.JPG

DSCN0132.JPG

DSCN0138.JPG

DSCN0139.JPG

DSCN0140.JPG

Value Questions and Showcase forums

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
#389070 - Sat Jan 26 2013 03:11 PM Re: our cluttered collection [Re: 47reo-travis]
THE AMERICAN GARAGE Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: PECONIC BAY, L.I., NY, USA
Looks alot like my place (minus the pole signs). Keep up the great work and thanks for sharing!

#389075 - Sat Jan 26 2013 03:23 PM Re: our cluttered collection [Re: THE AMERICAN GARAGE]
MARK SMITH Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: NORTHWEST,AR,USA
Travis,that is a great collection.Really looks nice.Love the story on the pump.Mark

#389077 - Sat Jan 26 2013 03:29 PM Re: our cluttered collection [Re: MARK SMITH]
Bob Richards Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: Longview, WA
Travis, Excellent Collection! Thanks for sharing it with us!!

#389080 - Sat Jan 26 2013 03:42 PM Re: our cluttered collection [Re: Bob Richards]
47reo-travis Offline
Veteran Member

THANKS GUYS GLAD YOU ENJOYED

#389084 - Sat Jan 26 2013 03:59 PM Re: our cluttered collection [Re: 47reo-travis]
danlap99 Offline
Petro Enthusiast

Loc: Easley,SC USA
SUPER collection!!!! LOVE the firestone sign above the door WOW!!!!!

#389088 - Sat Jan 26 2013 04:09 PM Re: our cluttered collection [Re: danlap99]
advertologist Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: So. Ca.
look like a fun place to visit.. cool

#389089 - Sat Jan 26 2013 04:09 PM Re: our cluttered collection [Re: danlap99]
katfsh Offline
Petro Enthusiast

Loc: Mississippi
Wow, you have some of the ones we're still looking for.The great thing is, the kids will remember the outings with their dad for a life time.
Shorty

#389095 - Sat Jan 26 2013 04:20 PM Re: our cluttered collection [Re: katfsh]
K W FRITH Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: Devils Lake, ND---USA
You're putting together a very nice collection and creating memories with your children that are invaluable! Kids that have a connection with their parents will grow up to have a great life! Keep up the great work!
Cell#-701-739-6133

#389116 - Sat Jan 26 2013 05:43 PM Re: our cluttered collection [Re: K W FRITH]
Dr Dave Offline
Petro Enthusiast

Loc: Georgia
It looks like a wonderful place Travis!! The memories the "things" bring is THE thing!!!!!

#389137 - Sat Jan 26 2013 07:23 PM Re: our cluttered collection [Re: Dr Dave]
47reo-travis Offline
Veteran Member

Hey thanks you all , I am on hold for a while on traveling and buying for a while , the chief , (wife) is one of the best wives a guy could have and all she has requested is to slow down until we get or modest consertive home built , but in the future I really look forward to meeting all you guys !!

#389144 - Sat Jan 26 2013 07:48 PM Re: our cluttered collection [Re: 47reo-travis]
Dave Richey Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: Pearl Mississippi USA
That's how this hobby will survive. Thanks for sharing and for shaping the futures of both your family and this "family."

#389147 - Sat Jan 26 2013 08:03 PM Re: our cluttered collection [Re: Dave Richey]
FRY 117 Offline

Loc: Alabama
That's a great collection you have there. I see you are hooked on visible pumps too. My kids enjoy going with me as well and we have had a lot of fun together finding all of the cool stuff in our collection. It is always fun to look at a pump or sign and reflect back on the day we found it. Lots of good family bonding time.

#389169 - Sat Jan 26 2013 08:51 PM Re: our cluttered collection [Re: FRY 117]
gasoildude Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: Oneida IL USA
Looks like a great collection smile

#389187 - Sat Jan 26 2013 09:31 PM Re: our cluttered collection [Re: gasoildude]
HoneyBearFarm Offline
Petro Enthusiast

Loc: Plainwell, Michigan
Nice collection!!
What is the truck project?

#389189 - Sat Jan 26 2013 09:40 PM Re: our cluttered collection [Re: HoneyBearFarm]
hotrodfun1 Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: Montana
Super nice collection,and cool story

#389212 - Sat Jan 26 2013 11:52 PM Re: our cluttered collection [Re: HoneyBearFarm]
47reo-travis Offline
Veteran Member

Thanks the truck came out of your great state of Michigan ,the chassis id tag says reo motor corp.lansing Michigan on it. It is a 49 reo speed wagon that I rescued a few years ago. It sat for many years after being used as a log truck and the owner was going to scrap it and I just couldn't let that happen ! I made him a offer and got it bought and now its kind of turned into a rat rod project ,but a long way from being completed. I also have a 47 reo two ton some day I hope to restore as well. I am sure a lot of the members on here are aware ,but REO corp. was named from the founder Ransom Eli Olds ,which was the founder of the oldsmobile corporation as well . These trucks to me are just another important part of American automotive history that is on its way to being forgotten. My trouble is I have other projects as well and I get to may irons in the fire at once .I hope if I live long enough , I will complete them all , but my plan is to start the kids early and hope they will take off with it .When I tell people my 8 year old son mig welds and my daughter uses air tools I get the strangest looks ,but its the truth they do and are learning. Seems like in todays world kids are more into video games etc, but hope I can turn them on to more common sense hand on skills maybe they will be able to use some day and always remember ,and I sure like all the positive comments,thanks .

#389250 - Sun Jan 27 2013 08:59 AM Re: our cluttered collection [Re: 47reo-travis]
LOWright Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: Louisville, Kentucky
Nice collection! It's great that the kids enjoy it.

I think a lot of people remember REO from the 20's and 30's but they were still in business until 1975. Nice truck……..

#389260 - Sun Jan 27 2013 09:29 AM Re: our cluttered collection [Re: HoneyBearFarm]
Steven C. Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: MICHIGAN
Wonderful collection!! I hope you never restore Grandpa's old pump. That thing looks awesome just the way it is!!! Great barn/garage too!! I am so envious of people with the land for such a building!

#389273 - Sun Jan 27 2013 10:08 AM Re: our cluttered collection [Re: 47reo-travis]
ritnc Offline

Loc: new mexico
great signs! its neat your kids are into it, nothing like the hunt. thats a great looking reo

#389348 - Sun Jan 27 2013 01:31 PM Re: our cluttered collection [Re: ritnc]
47reo-travis Offline
Veteran Member

Thanks again ,it is really nice to see so many people that share the same interest !!! And I sure will leave grandpas pump as is .

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Click on magnifying glass icon on lower left to search eBay

Copyright © 2016 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved