Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Super nice collection,and cool story

Always looking for grizzly gasoline stuff, or any Montana gas and oil stuff.
Value Questions and Showcase forums

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
Thanks the truck came out of your great state of Michigan ,the chassis id tag says reo motor corp.lansing Michigan on it. It is a 49 reo speed wagon that I rescued a few years ago. It sat for many years after being used as a log truck and the owner was going to scrap it and I just couldn't let that happen ! I made him a offer and got it bought and now its kind of turned into a rat rod project ,but a long way from being completed. I also have a 47 reo two ton some day I hope to restore as well. I am sure a lot of the members on here are aware ,but REO corp. was named from the founder Ransom Eli Olds ,which was the founder of the oldsmobile corporation as well . These trucks to me are just another important part of American automotive history that is on its way to being forgotten. My trouble is I have other projects as well and I get to may irons in the fire at once .I hope if I live long enough , I will complete them all , but my plan is to start the kids early and hope they will take off with it .When I tell people my 8 year old son mig welds and my daughter uses air tools I get the strangest looks ,but its the truth they do and are learning. Seems like in todays world kids are more into video games etc, but hope I can turn them on to more common sense hand on skills maybe they will be able to use some day and always remember ,and I sure like all the positive comments,thanks .

I like SINCLAIR and old American made stuff ... No china items.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Nice collection! It's great that the kids enjoy it.

I think a lot of people remember REO from the 20's and 30's but they were still in business until 1975. Nice truck……..

Rare pumps, Chevrolet items, Goldon Tip Gasoline, Marathon (running man)
Cell # 1-502-396-3435 email lowright@aol.com
S
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
S
Wonderful collection!! I hope you never restore Grandpa's old pump. That thing looks awesome just the way it is!!! Great barn/garage too!! I am so envious of people with the land for such a building!

Steve Coppens
Always interested in Sunoco items!
Really want a Sunoco National pump ad glass!!
great signs! its neat your kids are into it, nothing like the hunt. thats a great looking reo

ritnc #389348 Sun Jan 27 2013 12:31 PM
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
Thanks again ,it is really nice to see so many people that share the same interest !!! And I sure will leave grandpas pump as is .

I like SINCLAIR and old American made stuff ... No china items.
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved