Next Thread
Print Thread
#389410 Sun Jan 27 2013 03:38 PM
G
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
G
I was recently approached by 2 rednecks about a wayne 60 showcase pump they had for sale. I get over there and they did a terrible restoration on this poor pump (Chevrolet Super Service). It looked liked they painted it with spray cans, pits, runs, and dirt in the paint. I ask them where the tag was and they said "Oh, we threw that old thing away?" I don't know about any of you old gassers, but I feel way better when I can at least see pictures of it unrestored and a tag that's stamped 60-S? No way am I laying down $4500 bucks for a maybe. Conversions kits aren't very expensive. That original tag should be treated no different than the title to your antique classic car, without it, push it over a cliff. Any similar situations out there? Goober

Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
Veteran Member
Online Content
Veteran Member
Met a guy who was selling six ECO 97's for 1k ea.
All freshly painted,with dirt in the paint.
As I walked behind them,I noticed they were all missing their ID tags.
Asked what happened to them,and he said he took a screwdriver & pryed em off.
Said he tried sanding them down first,but the paint looked bad on the tag. frown

Cold Pizza #389452 Sun Jan 27 2013 05:52 PM
G
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
G
crazy crazy crazy
Education & knowledge is key!!

Wanted Owens Motor Oil & Mobiloil Gargoyle.
Brad Ralston & my website is
www.petrobarn.com
gasoildude #389812 Mon Jan 28 2013 10:57 PM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Anyone that has owned an original 60-S will be able to tell the reproduction kits from at least 20 feet away. the Gas Pump Heaven kits are not even close to being accurate.

Dave GILL,
Dave's Garage & Memorabilia, Inc.
G
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
G
Thanks Dave, the last two pumps I had that were showcase were Wayne 71 and 50. Maybe I'll go take a closer look at it one more time? They'll have to come back down to earth on the price. I would still have to strip the entire thing and start over, wouldn't be the first time. For now, I'll just watch for one at a show this year. Goob

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
...why pay them a premium for a $#@& paint job that they only did to try and increase the price?

Looking for better Gulf items: signs, globes, cans and paper - especially porcelain Gulf flanges, and Gulf A-38 & A-62 ad glass...
gulfiend! #389988 Tue Jan 29 2013 05:41 PM
G
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
G
I guess you're right, I'll save my money for the original 36B milk glass dome I just found still new in the box, trust me, now we're talking about premium prices smile This one is gonna be painful... Goob

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Wow, that's a nice find!!! Make sure you post some photo's, of the top when you get it.

Dave GILL,
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I just want to clarify my earlier post about the Wayne 60 conversion kit. I have personally used the kits and they are excellent pieces, far better then anything that I could fabricate.

When, I state you can tell from 20 feet away that is because of the manner in which the conversion is executed. This is due to people not taking the time to replicate all the other details of an original W60-S. i.e. the pipe that houses the shaft for the computer drive.

Like any restoration project; time taken to research the original item will pay dividends in the quality of the finished product. It's not parts that make a good restoration but rather effort and attention to detail.

Reminds me, I have to place an order with Gas Pump Heaven for a few pumps I'm working on right now. Great parts, at even better prices and they ship out the same day. No hassle, no fuss.

Dave GILL,

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved