Click here for Petro Porcelain Sign auction listings

Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
When i die there im gonna get imbalmed with gasoline. And the as a casket there gonna put me inside a rush dc-3 display pump its gonna be themed out in early black dino sinclair. Im gonna be wearing a cities service attendents uniform. The rush is for the viewing. And the grave sidethere gonna pack me into a nice original paint wayne 70. Thats right im takeing some of it with me.

Hunt long and hard the good stuff still out there.
Jonathan lowry.
Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Originally Posted By: hillsideshortleg
Has anyone ever seen a house sell with the shell of an old station or two on it?

I've seen many places around here sell with "out buildings" scattered round the property. When the house is being sold that is all they are going to be, "Out buildings" to the realtor and the buyers. Yours do not have gas tanks buried so no need to worry about it.

"Remember, history that is forgotten is doomed to repeat itself!"
F
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
F
I am up for adoption if anyone needs an heir that will appreciate their stuff.

In response to the actual question: I think unless the buildings can easily be repurposed, to most buyers it would be more of a detriment than an asset. I had a real estate broker tell me that in parts of the country a pool or hot tub will kill more sales than it will help. IMO the stations could be the same.

I really like KW's idea of having someone knowledgable lined up to assist with unexpected liquidation.

J
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
J
They bury you. And life goes on.

Jack Sim

Author, 1st & 2nd editions of Gas Pump ID book, 3rd edition is now available at www.gaspumpbible.com
Air Meter ID book also available
G
Veteran Member
Online Content
Veteran Member
G
Rick they will just turn them into more chicken coups. Richard

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Originally Posted By: Jack Sim
They bury you. And life goes on.

Jack Sim

Yup. That about sums it up.

Have fun while you're here. Before your health or your wife's starts to go, if you have control over it, have a big auction, sell everything including the buildings, and travel and enjoy yourself if you can. We are only caretakers of this stuff. At some point you have to let it go. We can't dwell on what this sold for or what that should sell for.

Life's too short.

Always looking for Ithaca Gun and Lucky Sam soda items!!!

D
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
D
Just DON'T die, Rick!!
In all seriousness, your family is so fortunate that you take this into consideration!

T
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
T
I have told our daughter if anything happens to my wife and I, Get a local reputable auctioneer and sell it all. I explained to her our real estate sells absolute auction (high bidder the buyer" as well as all of our personal property. I know if I go before the wife she will do the same thing.
I have a 30 x 38 Pure Ice Box station in our back yard. It is on a separate parcel and can sell by itself or with the house.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved