Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
A
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
A
What a great collection , I'm sure you made the decision . And I'm sure its for the right reasons. Your a better man than I am.
Enjoy your family and Take good care of the grandson.

Gene

Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
For a moment there, I thought you posted the pictures wrong/backwards.

Good luck with the sale of amazing inventory and of course the Move down the pike!

DOC @ THE AMERICAN GARAGE
P
Pegasus Offline OP
OP Offline
P
It was a tough decision, which I labored over for a couple of weeks, but The "keepers" are....a 13.5" Mobilgas "progressive" globe on nb glass....a 15" hp metal globe with a Socony Kerosene Oil single on one side and a Mobilgas Marine White single on the other side....a Gargoyle Aero Mobiloil porcelain oil cabinet globe....Mobilgas Marine and Mobilgas Aircraft pump plates....a flat Socony Motor Oil/Magnolia Petroleum gallon can....a flat White Eagle Handy Lubricant half gallon can....3 round quarts (Gargoyle Aero Mobiloil-blue band, Gargoyle BB-gargoyle process, and Penn Trump)....and a 4oz Wadhams Water Pump Grease can marked "sample".

The "why" is a combination of rarity, condition, and representative logos. I couldn't keep them all, so this seemed like a reasonable compromise.

Richard

P
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
P
Good luck on the sale, congrads on the move, family is what it is all about.

Thanks, Phil
B
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
B
A beautiful well laid out collection. Get support when you have too stop. LOL

Again very nice collection, good luck on your sales.

Doug

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Richard, this can't be an easy decision...and
I was just going to offer you one of my round Gargoyle signs that you've been "liking"... oh well, someone else may be the happy owner of that one ;-)
Good luck with the auction and the move back to Texas.
br
Claes

G
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
G
You've been a busy squirrel for sure, nice job. Like Walt Feiger says "Buy good quality stuff and it will always pay off."
Looks like I need to volunteer for some overtime from now until June frown Goober

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Originally Posted By: DWSheffer
Wow Richard...I didn't think I'd see this auction coming for many years. I can't imagine getting rid of a collection that took so many years to build, but sometimes life has other plans and we go where it takes us. I wish you the best in your new home and the extra time you're going to get with the family being close together. This doesn't give me nearly the time to save up for your auction as I thought I'd have! wink
Darin

Darin, you better pick up some OT and maybe get a weekend Job, maybe get in good with the Local Banker cuz I bet this is Gonna get expensive for you when this stuff hits the Auction Block!!!! LOL!!!!!

***Wanted*** Always looking for Oilzum, Kunz, and Husky Cans, Signs and Smalls.
D
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
D
I know Jason....the cream of the crop, that's why I always admired Richard's collection. The condition of most every item Richard owns is top notch, the best to be found. I know it's going to be a very competitive auction for sure! I now wish I was able to have made it down to Richard's to have seen it in person, all in one spot. It was impressive enough in photos, can't imagine the sight in person!

Darin Sheffer
Always looking for Mobil and Marathon items I don't already have!
P
Pegasus Offline OP
OP Offline
P
FYI.....The folks at Matthews Auctions have posted pictures of some of the items from my collection that will be auctioned on June 22 in Columbus and August 2 in Des Moines. Click on "current auctions", then "more information", then "view photo gallery" to see the photos. A partial catalog for the Columbus auction with full descriptions will probably be posted before the Peotone Show later this month.

Richard

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved