Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Gas globe guy #393023 Sun Feb 10 2013 10:09 AM
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
Any time a buy a fragile item like a globe or glass item I speak directly with the seller to ensure they know how to package the item to ensure that it will make it to me in one piece; I have even gone to the extent of sending them detailed pictures so they understand what I am explaining. I have used this process several times on rare globes and they both made it in one piece. cry

Buying: Polarine / Red Crown Gasoline Globes and Signs, Early Chevrolet & United Motors Signs, and 1910's through 1940's Gas & Oil Signs.
Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
gasoildude #393031 Sun Feb 10 2013 11:07 AM
Showcase Feature Host
Showcase Feature Host
I must confess I have been on the sending end of the transaction it was a pair of original mobilgas add glass. In my effort to give timely service I slacked on packaging, and now they are gone forever.
Because of my poor packaging I have learned to send a friendly email to the seller, and let them know that rushing my package out is not a concern nor is shipping costs. I would just like to receive them in one piece, so if they could take extra steps to ensure there safe arrival I would greatly appreciate it, and I will offer some packaging suggestions. Not all sellers are versed in packaging techniques, and they usually thank me for the suggestions.

Wanted anything Flying A Gas, Signal Gas, Hancock oil co, and Sunland.

Thanks Anthony
1937 GMC #393267 Mon Feb 11 2013 08:32 AM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Originally Posted By: 1937 GMC
Any time a buy a fragile item like a globe or glass item I speak directly with the seller to ensure they know how to package the item to ensure that it will make it to me in one piece; I have even gone to the extent of sending them detailed pictures so they understand what I am explaining. I have used this process several times on rare globes and they both made it in one piece. cry

...I once built a special box for a rare cardboard trifold display, and sent it empty to the seller, so he could put the trifold in and send it back to me...worked great...

Looking for better Gulf items: signs, globes, cans and paper - especially porcelain Gulf flanges, and Gulf A-38 & A-62 ad glass...
gulfiend! #393978 Thu Feb 14 2013 04:59 AM
B
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
B
If everyone on here did what KZ1000, Big Block Cat, and 1937 GMC just mentioned. You'd be good to go. Best advice I've heard in a while on here.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved