Click here for Petro Porcelain Sign auction listings

Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
"I think if you start out helping each other in filling dreams and addictions your partner like god will be by your side with any choices you make in life!"

Amen!

My wife buys whatever she wants and I buy whatever I want, we know our limits and boundaries and trust that each other will make wise choices. If it's a large purchase for our home, or a car etc... we will confer; as long as we meet our commitments, keep building our "Nest Egg", and able to pay for college x 2, it's all good! It has to be a partnership in order for it to be successful! wink

Last edited by 1937 GMC; Sun Feb 10 2013 02:48 PM.

Buying: Polarine / Red Crown Gasoline Globes and Signs, Early Chevrolet & United Motors Signs, and 1910's through 1940's Gas & Oil Signs.
Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
T
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
T
What??? Nobody told me that! I didn't know I was supposed to be asking for approval...no wonder I am always begging for forgiveness!

I offer quart can re-lidding, can rolling, lid stamping, and dent removal.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Originally Posted By: TeeTee
What??? Nobody told me that! I didn't know I was supposed to be asking for approval...no wonder I am always begging for forgiveness!

LOL! It's easier to ask forgivness than to ask permission !
Maria has her scrap booking and coach purses,I got gas/oil/clocks.of course some of the things I buy are suddenly hers,but it keeps her happy.bills are paid,food on the table,savings done,I get to keep some of my extra! Like Brad and Shawn say,what's gonna be worth more down the road? Sometimes things just magically appear in my garage.and now she wants a pontoon!ah well... Happy wife,happy life!

Looking for gas,oil related clocks,especially neon and spinners .clock repair available. Mick
B
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
B
My wife buys what she wants and likes and so do I If the item is high priced we usually talk it over She has been with me when buying stuff and never says no I do spend more than her,but we both know the limits

Online Cool
Every family is different. Financial resources, particularly the disposable income available is a big factor. If family finances are tight, a responsible husband and wife should agree on significant purchases. Fighting over that stuff is never good.

Jim "Oldgas" Potts
Your host and moderator
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I never have to ask the wife if I can buying anything...simply because I don't have one! smile What am I doing here? LOL! Happy Life...NO WIFE! laugh

DOC @ THE AMERICAN GARAGE
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
A few years ago I bought an original Station Lighter off of e-Bay. My wife decided to come along for the road trip. While picking up the station lighter the gentleman offered to sell me a nicely restored National Simplex 60 for $4500.00 US. Which was a very good buy, my wife could sense my excitement. But, I didn't buy the pump.

As we were driving back home, my wife asked; why I didn't buy the pump as she had noted that I wanted it. I advised her that, I was unsure how she would have felt about me buying it. She appreciated the fact that I was thoughtful and considerate of her feelings. She asked me to turn around and she bought me the pump (She paid for it). Both are keepers the wife and the pump!!

Dave GILL,
Dave's Garage & Memorabilia, Inc.
C
C

My greatest fear is that my wife when I'm gone, will sell my stuff for what I told her I paid for it.

D
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
D
I have a bigger fear! My wife has the gas n oil and soda addiction, as bad as we do. She buys as much or more than I do? I got up and went to the bathroom at Iowa gas auction and she bought a $4300 sign, and did not tell me until it was time for me to pay.. I love it and her.
Ric

Wanted: Conoco, Marland, Eason, Cliff Brice, Speedway and Oval E stuff!
A
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
A
How much $$$ before you get the wife's approval?
Many years ago when my addition started with with pumps and signs my wife thought I needed therapy and I probably DID. I have never used any of our income from work or savings to purchase anything for my addition.
I have a great and loving wife who now stands with me at auctions and has seen and shared the profit from it. I have had to pass many of great deals due to not having anough money availible. Family has always been the most important thing in my life . My addition in gas and oil is fun and my wife has never told me not to make a purchase when she knew I wanted it and I could afford it.

Gene & Kelly

F
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
F
I am very fortunate. My wife understands that my old cars and gas and oil stuff is preforming better than our cd's in the bank.
She trust that i am not out to squaunder our money.
If buying something gives us an excuse for a family weekend trip she is all for it. When she wants a new deck for the house she gets it, no questions asked. If i am happy she is happy and it seems to have a snowball effect.
She's the best!!!!!!

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
After having read all the posts in this thread, it becomes quite apparent. The common underlying themes in all our responses and experiences are respect, trust and communication. The magic ingredients that make all relationships flourish; be it strangers, friends, children or spouses.

Dave GILL,
Dave's Garage & Memorabilia, Inc.
T
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
T
A friend of mine say's " It is easier to ask permission than to beg for forgiveness" lol

Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
I sell scrap and what ever comes along to put in my separate checking account and never tell my wife what I spend . Most of the time I keep the new stuff out in the garage out back and bring it in after a cooling period . some time she sees something new in the basement and ask where it came from.but as long as the bills get paid she is fine with it.

Remember you are only as good as your help
If you don't make any noise no one will hear you!
G
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
G
I just got re-married on July 4th last summer, I'm honest with her about the current market and which items good/bad. So, she understands that when its time to step up, you can't sleep or someone else wil get it. She enjoys hunting for stuff with me now that shes starting to learn the hobby. I'm not sure how she's going to react when I drop $7 or $8K on a rare pump yet? I usually already have 2 or 3 potential buyers lined up when I make a larger purchase just to be safe. The worst wives (like my first one) are the ones who get so greedy and involved with your business that they insist that you aren't selling your stuff for enough money, and not making a big enough profit. This one is a breath of fresh air. Goober smile

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved