Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
S
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
S
I'm sure many of you had seen the two sellers offering the 12" round porcelain signs as "Vintage". Oilzum, Red Crown, Conoco, Texaco Products, and several others they are all phony two these signs do not exist in porcelain this size as real. Many bids in the $200-$300 range I again contacted eBay and nothing yet we'll see. Unbelievable! Scott B.

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Hey Scott,

I have contacted eBay many times via phone and still nothing is done. I have giving them reference to books and this site even, and still nothing.

People will buy them and one day they will be passed off as "Original" pieces. It is not going to change because most selling repops as "original" is all in it for the almighty dollar on eBay.

Sad story, but true...

Quart and Liter can relidding and dent removal services.PM for detail and pricing.
Collecting Mobil and other graphic quart cans.
S
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
S
Yes here's another guy. 321063671076 Red Crown phony 12" sign!

Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast

Always buying and selling Neon Dealer signs pumps air meters
www.porcelainneonsigns.com
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
$600 for $90 worth of signs if you get them wholesale

Always buying and selling Neon Dealer signs pumps air meters
www.porcelainneonsigns.com
P
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
P
Seriously....what goes on in peoples heads? Even if you are a decorator.....wouldn't you look a little farther and see that you can buy these signs for about 20 bucks???!!! Common sense is just non-existant out there, I guess.

Still looking for that Union 76 ball
And I collect big old porcelain neon signs
D
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
D
I was thinking of this post as a minute ago one of these 12" signs was showing at the top of the Old Gas page, a Red Crown with a current bid of $280. A word of warning to new members, do not think that because an item comes up at the top of your Old Gas page that it is a legitimate item. These are random listings that come from Ebay that the Moderator has no control of, I'm sure. It's ultimately up to the buyer to do the research and know what they are spending their money on. Sorry to stray a bit from the topic, but this kind of goes with it!
Darin

Darin Sheffer
Always looking for Mobil and Marathon items I don't already have!
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I just read where ebay was sued by Tiffany over the fake jewelry being sold on ebay. Judge found in favor of ebay saying they are just the conduit and have no responsibility to police what is sold. With that said I don't think ebay will ever curtail the fake\fantasy items. Education is the key.

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
IF anyone ever gets a judgement against ebay it's gonna be HUGE, but ebay will drag it out for years till plaintiff gives up.

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Originally Posted By: scottpcm

list some of these habitual offenders who continually & knowingly sell these repo's on ebay.....hopefully this one will be taken down soon.......

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I'm sure many of you had seen the two sellers offering the 12" round porcelain signs as "Vintage". Oilzum, Red Crown, Conoco, Texaco Products, and several others they are all phony two these signs do not exist in porcelain this size as real. Many bids in the $200-$300 range I again contacted eBay and nothing yet we'll see. Unbelievable! Scott B.

do you have ebay names or auction numbers ??

Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Scott...........the red crown auction # you provided has been taken down...lets get some of these habitual guys who continue to put up these small pump plates,......we missed the guy who just had 4 of them & i see they sold, notified to late to try & get them removed.DT

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Darryl what about the never ending supply of the. T53's can the sellers be shut down or just individual auctions

"Remember, history that is forgotten is doomed to repeat itself!"
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
This is my personal favorite 181062573867

"Old and Original; NOT REPRODUCTION. "

Kyle DeKoning

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Rick......i think we have to take them one at a time, however if the seller continues to list them after ebay takes them down, they will be scolded & given more chances to list, so just keep your eye on them....usually what happens is the seller will change a little verbage, then ebay will shut it down again, after so many times the seller will be forced to either give the correct description, or they will be removed....Most of these guys seem to add genuine signs with the repos so i'm sure ebay sees them as some value.............if we can get the worst habitual guys who have continually gotten away with it, that will be a good start.....

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Petro Porcelain Sign auction listings *

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved