Click here for Petro Porcelain Sign auction listings

Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#395965 Wed Feb 20 2013 08:21 PM
jlc550 Offline OP
OP Offline
Need your help; I have what I am told is a Gilbert Barker 82-1 Curb Pump but can not confirm this. I have completed the restore just because I like the pump but would like to know what I have. During the restore I found a location where an id tag (small rectangle shaped with two brass rivets) was once located but no longer in place when I found the pump. It is as I found it with the addition of new paint, lots of rubbing for the brass areas / items, hose, upper “Standard” placard and metal finishing to the lower body area. It will measure and is indicated via the use of a brass-sliding indicator that will lead up to two measurement markers labeled as 1 and 5. I assume the 1 and 5 are markers for measuring quarts, again unsure. All help / input is greatly appreciated.

Curb Pump.jpg
Curb Pump

Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Looked in both of jacks books,and his website, and did not find anything on an 82.although he does have an 83 listed,there is no lit available.maybe a candidate for the third book? Nice job on the resto!looks good.

Looking for gas,oil related clocks,especially neon and spinners .clock repair available. Mick
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Not being in the book doesn't mean it's rare. There are 100's of Farm Pumps that didn't make either book.
Jack learned a valuable lesson [his words] after authoring a few books, he'd have made more money working at Wal Mart as a greeter! There won't be another Printed Book on pumps.

J
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
J
I have already replied to jlc550's email to me.
Always had info on this pump, but it is strickly a commercial pump and was adverised that way. The pump itself was available in at least 12 applications, everything from gasoline to kersocene, from a pedestal on a tank, on a barrel, on a cart, you name it. Probably introduced in the late 20s, early 30s, still in production in the early 50s.

Jack Sim

Author, 1st & 2nd editions of Gas Pump ID book, 3rd edition is now available at www.gaspumpbible.com
Air Meter ID book also available
jlc550 Offline OP
OP Offline
Thanks for the info.

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved