Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
J
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
J
My wife and I enjoy the silent movies on TCM every Sunday. In one of the ones I was watching (it was taking place somewhere in the eastern part of the US) someone pulled up to a station to purchase gasoline. All three of the pump were Boyle-Daytons. Guess where the movie was filmed?

Jack Sim

Author, 1st & 2nd editions of Gas Pump ID book, 3rd edition is now available at www.gaspumpbible.com
Air Meter ID book also available
Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Jack,

I saw that same picture last night. Posted the poster to it in Showcase and Stories under 'Gasoloons.'

Too bad they didn't show much of the complete pumps. The whole pumps were shown so briefly that with my very limited pump experience, I could not find them in your book. Once the cars were pulling up to them, it seemed to have a see through section about head height with I think a cylinder above that? That's what got me stuck.

Any idea on model? The poster I don't think shows an accurate rendition of the pump.

Couldn't tell where it was filmed.

http://www.oldgas.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=294451#Post294451

Last edited by Nicole; Mon Jan 02 2012 07:04 AM. Reason: added link to thead with poster
G
GMMAN Offline OP
OP Offline
G
Hey guys sorry I have been out of town and haven't had a chance to check in. I'm so glad I did!!! Thanks for uploading all the amazing photos and the original Boyle-Dayton Patent, what a cool document! I have a birthday dinner I need to attend tonight, but want to chat about the B-D pumps soon! I found a source for oem glass cylinders and will share more info. Talk to you all soon!
Ryan

J
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
J
Would love to sell you that literature, but as for parts, I don't believe they allowed B/D pumps to get this far east. You'll need to find someone in the Pacific time zone for parts.

Jack

Author, 1st & 2nd editions of Gas Pump ID book, 3rd edition is now available at www.gaspumpbible.com
Air Meter ID book also available
G
GMMAN Offline OP
OP Offline
G
Hi Jack! Is this literature the original document that you have on ebay? What exactly would I be getting? Thanks!

Ryan

G
GMMAN Offline OP
OP Offline
G
Does anyone have pictures or videos of a working hooked up visible gas pump in use? I know most everyone on here is a collector and probably don't use these beautiful antiques!

G
GMMAN Offline OP
OP Offline
G
Wow!!! Beautiful collection you have there! I would love to come and see these! I'm going to Barrett-Jackson in Scottsdale Jan 17. I'm excited to see the pumps that will be auctioned! Thanks for the pic!

Ryan

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Thanx for this thread. It has helped me get a picture of what mine should look like.

DB-Thanx for the search sugestion and for posting the patent pages above!!!

LOOKING-4:WELDING SIGNS,Charter/Finance/PulOil/Trulite/TruTest-Oils,True's gas CORALINE/RAINBOW, Gardner 70 items of Yakima wa., Wa/Or/Id Chief items
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved