Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#398064 Fri Mar 01 2013 09:21 AM
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
So I just thought I would share a very sad story about a super rare pump that got away. Well Tuesday night I slipped on the ice and broke my fibula and had to have surgery to repair it. In the meantime on Tuesday right about when I fell, there was an add posted on a local classifieds website. The add was for an old gas pump. When I looked at the pictures I realized that it was a Rush 15 gallon visible for only $400, but the glass was missing. That was it, it was a complete pump on a farm!! By the time I had seen the add, it had been on too long, I called the guy and it was already sold. I'm never gonna let this one go away. I just fell at the wrong time! And I missed out on a super rare pump. Thanks.

Braden Splichal

Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Something that gets thru times like this are I step back and think about the big picture of life... was this going to really change that? I tell myself it wasn't meant to be, and move on to another item that I have always wanted. There are too many things in this hobby to get more excited about than the ones that got away!! Another deal is out there.

Thanks
Mike

Always Looking for any Pure Oil and Sunoco Items.
Mike M. #398069 Fri Mar 01 2013 09:37 AM
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
Very true Mike. I guess I'm just really bummed since it was a 15 gallon visible. Thanks for the positive post.

Braden Splichal

Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
i know that feeling it hurt's an drives ya mad

Sarcasm Is Just One More Free Service I Offer !
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
It definitely hurts, I love visibles!

Braden Splichal

Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
I feel for you Braden. I gotta tell you, im feeling a lttle ill too after reading this. I too love visibles and Rush pumps. I live about 20 minutes from Lafayette, IN which is where they were originally made. The only other 15 gallon Rush visible I have ever heard about or seen is located a few miles from me and is owned by my good friend's father. It is the actual pump pictured in Jack's book. The pump came with a farm they purchased several years ago....Maybe this pump you are refering to will resurface back in the hobby which would be a good thing I think.

Jason Howard
G
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
G
Im crying for ya Braden cry cry cry

Wanted Owens Motor Oil & Mobiloil Gargoyle.
Brad Ralston & my website is
www.petrobarn.com
gasoildude #398108 Fri Mar 01 2013 12:01 PM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
This is how I have to 'get over it' with things that slip thru my fingers like that because otherwise I would go nutz,,, "oh well, that was cool and that freekin sucks,,,,, ON TO THE NEXT!"
There was a Wayne 70 that I drove 2+ hours to pick up for
$400+- and someone 'posed' as me and just showed up at the house 20 min b4 I rolled into town and bought it and rolled out. I was pretty upset but I went home and a few days later I got another Wayne 70 in much better shape for 1/3 the cost!
It all works out somehow. Sometimes for the better, sometimes not.
The best part of the "drive for not" was seeing much of Wa. state that I had not B4. It also gave me places to go stop at in the future if I'm on the hunt.

LOOKING-4:WELDING SIGNS,Charter/Finance/PulOil/Trulite/TruTest-Oils,True's gas CORALINE/RAINBOW, Gardner 70 items of Yakima wa., Wa/Or/Id Chief items
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
Yes true guys. I appreciate the kindness! I hope the Rush went to someone who will care for it and keep it in good shape! I know I would've cherished it!! Hopefully something else will come up that I am able to get. I just shattered my leg at the wrong time haha.

Braden Splichal

F
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
F
Braden, Sorry to hear about the leg (and the pump)! Hope the surgery went well. At your age you will be back up and going in no time. I would try and get the name/number of the guy that bought it and just tell him you are interested if he ever lets it go. Maybe karma will be good to you.

Flatland #398133 Fri Mar 01 2013 02:56 PM
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
Yea true, I'm hopefully going to be able to get the person's name and number that bought it. The seller doesn't want to give that information out now haha. Yes surgery went well, I'll be taking it easy for awhile. Thanks for your consideration!

Braden Splichal

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
They are not Super Rare, just not a common pump. Finding a Cylinder would have been a big challenge & most likely would cost over $1,000. The good thing is the RUSH used Indicators inside the cyl. IF they were missing that would have been an even Bigger Challenge to find a pair in good enough condition to use.

I knew where there were 3 Rush Model K 15gal. pumps, all were not for sale at that time. 1 in Ks., 1 in Ok. & 1 here in Ca.

I have a 15gal HAYES SENIOR, when I found it was only a skeleton [corner post for a pig pen], missing all the sheet metal, corners, door & frame, jar lid, Bonnet, conduit, pump mech. & Etched Cylinder. Took over 10 yrs to find an original etched 15gal. cylinder.

Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
Yea I'm sure that took a lot of persistance. My goal someday is to have a visible of every gallon size that was ever made. Im 17 so hopefully I can achieve this goal!

Braden Splichal

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
In that case you had better run for Political Office w/ a Guaranteed Income & Retirement! laugh

Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
Hahahahahah your probably correct on that one DB!!!

Braden Splichal

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved