Click here for Petro Porcelain Sign auction listings

Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
Heya to all in OldGas Land! I hope everyone's having a great morning.
Just wondering, if it is a true, original Wayne 60 Showcase model, will it have the designation of "S" on the tag, always??(after the 60)
I've tried to look this up and have found some great info as to how to identify one by body parts, but I'm still wondering if it is always designated as such, on the tag, if it is a original one? Most of the time the original tag is not on it still so then I would defer to checking the body parts that would show the telltale signs but if the original tag is there, then did Wayne make it easy or did they make a bunch of mysteries?
I have my Gas Pump blue book for looking up specific numbers on production but that does not answer this kind of a question espically if I'm trying to look up a Pump # and there is a gap in the books #s or something does not match up between the tag and the book.
THANKYOU MUCH, IN ADVANCE, FOR SHARING YOUR KNOWLEDGE ABOUT THIS WITH ME!!!

LOOKING-4:WELDING SIGNS,Charter/Finance/PulOil/Trulite/TruTest-Oils,True's gas CORALINE/RAINBOW, Gardner 70 items of Yakima wa., Wa/Or/Id Chief items
Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
Yes it should have an "s" on the I.D. tag if it is an original showcase pump and not just one someone has made in to a showcase.

Jason Howard
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
Thanx Jason!

LOOKING-4:WELDING SIGNS,Charter/Finance/PulOil/Trulite/TruTest-Oils,True's gas CORALINE/RAINBOW, Gardner 70 items of Yakima wa., Wa/Or/Id Chief items
N
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
N
It will have an S plus the pump and stuff is at the bottom below where the showcase would be.

T
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
T
All of the original ones that I have had also had small indents in the frame rails in line with the top of the showcase door.

I offer quart can re-lidding, can rolling, lid stamping, and dent removal.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
A surefire way to tell is the light manifold! Showcase has an extra boss on it for the plumbing to bring lights down to the top of the showcase. Its very unique to this pump only!

Everything Cities Service
Specializing in old Gas Pumps
kwfrith@gondtc.com
Cell#-701-739-6133
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
The one I'm looking at has just a -60- and then -XXXXX BDP- No "S" after the 60 but the BDP part is kinda odd according to the #s book. The P is in a different font than the BD.
Thanx to all!

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Should have an "S" right after the "60".
I have added some pictures to show how the actual light manifold should look and how the 2 lights come down, just above the display area. This light system is exclusive to the Wayne showcase and if that pump doesn't have it, then its a fake. In have personally looked at 10 different 60S pumps and the light manifolds were all the same.

Wayne 60Sdisplay lights--resized.jpg Wayne 60S light manifold--resized.jpg Wayne 60S light manifold 2--resized.jpg

Everything Cities Service
Specializing in old Gas Pumps
kwfrith@gondtc.com
Cell#-701-739-6133
P
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
P
I had a barn fresh w60 show case and there was no s after it. It had everything that was mention above. But no s after it. Maybe a friday or monday made pump. lol.

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
A Wayne 60-S would be a difficult pump to fake out. especially unrestored, can't hide anything under bondo and paint. Lots of unique pieces.

Dave GILL,
Dave's Garage & Memorabilia, Inc.
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
Deal did not happen so it's all on a shelf in my brain waiting for the next Wayne 60 that crosses my path. Hopefully it's soon because I really want one, so bad that I was gonna trade quite a bit for this one!
Thanx to all,,,,
And I find it really interesting that some of them did NOT have the "S" designation. Thanx so much for that info and all of the other great info too!

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved