Oldgas.com Home Click green arrows to see more

Home | Help | Events | Classifieds | Bookstore | Pictures | Auctions | Links | Collectors | Parts | Contact

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#399702 - Fri Mar 08 2013 09:16 AM Swihart neon spinner clock I got this morning
TheRoyalCrown Offline
Petro Enthusiast

Loc: LA, usa
Well here she is, my first of many to come neon spinners. I'll post closer up pics later, but the things coated in grease from being above the stove. It has advertising that has been spray painted over. Any ideas how to safely remove it? With the color scheme this clock has going I'm hoping and praying its a Chevrolet clock. Any ideas appreciated. Enjoy! And yes it keeps time and spins!

#399726 - Fri Mar 08 2013 10:57 AM Re: Swihart neon spinner clock I got this morning [Re: TheRoyalCrown]
marxmobilgas Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: DFW Texas USA
onl rare art restoration experts can remove paint on top of paint, if the graphics are painted over and they are paint themselves, you will remove all the graphics wih paint removal, except painted over porcelain signs.

What removes one, removes the other

#399729 - Fri Mar 08 2013 11:06 AM Re: Swihart neon spinner clock I got this morning [Re: marxmobilgas]
TheRoyalCrown Offline
Petro Enthusiast

Maybe I'll get lucky and it'll be latex paint. Then maybe I can carefully remove it. I really want to see what's under it, but I'm content with it as-is if I can't do anything

#399757 - Fri Mar 08 2013 02:59 PM Re: Swihart neon spinner clock I got this morning [Re: TheRoyalCrown]
oldnfuelish Online   content
FATW Feature Host

Loc: Antioch,IL
Cool clock,but not a spinner.its a "hesitator" not the same effect as a spinner,but still cool and desirable clocks. Can you see any lettering under the paint?post a pic of the whole clock.

#399771 - Fri Mar 08 2013 05:16 PM Re: Swihart neon spinner clock I got this morning [Re: oldnfuelish]
TheRoyalCrown Offline
Petro Enthusiast

Mick I can't edit the post due to restrictions but if you want I can text or email pics to you. The advertising was for Sunshine milk cream or something like that. I found a picture of one on google. And yes it is a hesitator, that makes sense since the glass said swihart #60 hesitator smile

#399774 - Fri Mar 08 2013 05:26 PM Re: Swihart neon spinner clock I got this morning [Re: oldnfuelish]
coheley5 Offline
Petro Enthusiast

Loc: Georgia
could the paint be on the front and the glass is reverse painted.Brought home a clock and cleaned red paint off front and it still had coca cola on back .

#399780 - Fri Mar 08 2013 05:52 PM Re: Swihart neon spinner clock I got this morning [Re: coheley5]
FATW Feature Host

Not on that clock.metal face,neon lights it from the outside,behind the yellow glass.

Edited by oldnfuelish (Fri Mar 08 2013 05:53 PM)

#399799 - Fri Mar 08 2013 06:45 PM Re: Swihart neon spinner clock I got this morning [Re: oldnfuelish]
TheRoyalCrown Offline
Petro Enthusiast

Here's a YouTube vid, its not HD but oh well.
http://youtu.be/xpZWMZlT9_U

#399811 - Fri Mar 08 2013 07:45 PM Re: Swihart neon spinner clock I got this morning [Re: oldnfuelish]
FATW Feature Host

Sure,send me an email or pm for phone #

#399821 - Fri Mar 08 2013 08:13 PM Re: Swihart neon spinner clock I got this morning [Re: oldnfuelish]
Nicole Offline
Petro Enthusiast

Loc: Maryland
Other than being a tater that hesitates (Bob's joke) what is a hesitator? How is it different from a spinner?

I ain't afriad to ask dumb questions, or misspell easy words! grin

#399854 - Fri Mar 08 2013 10:57 PM Re: Swihart neon spinner clock I got this morning [Re: Nicole]
Tbirdgas Offline
Petro Enthusiast

Loc: Wa
Mick's Spinner is really an illusion wheel clock which gives the impression that it's going back and for.

Moderator:  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun, Watchdog3 

| Check our Book Store for related resources |

Copyright 2013 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved