Next Thread
Print Thread
#347189 Wed Aug 08 2012 10:07 PM
D
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
D
I received an email asking me a few questions about this Gas boy pump. Any idea what the multiple key locks were used for? It looks like they were so a different calculator set was used and could of keeping track of gallons used per key but who would have used them? Were they sold to say the city only or any one who wanted to use them? Any history of them being used? Thanks in advance for your help P.S. Tyler feel free to sign up and chime in about your pump

photo (2).JPG photo (3).JPG
Last edited by Don Beaver; Wed Aug 08 2012 10:17 PM.
Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Kept track of fuel used by each key (driver/vehicle). Any private or corporate fleet owner that wanted to keep track of cost of running each vehicle or for billing purposes.

Last edited by Dave's Garage; Wed Aug 08 2012 10:24 PM.

Dave GILL,
Dave's Garage & Memorabilia, Inc.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
These are pictures of Gasboy's with the cardlock keys that I have.

Gasboy Aug 06 c.jpg Gasboy Aug 06.jpg
Last edited by Dave's Garage; Wed Aug 08 2012 10:21 PM.

Dave GILL,
Dave's Garage & Memorabilia, Inc.
A
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
A
Key lock dispensers were pretty common for a lot of cities , county and state facilities back when a lot less auto's were involed and they needed to keep track of fuel for each. A lot of small towns would have a local station and have one of these pumps so local accounts could be billed weekly or monthly. I currently have one in use in A small town in western arizona for the school buses. Each bus has its own key. Only have 3 buses but budget keeps them from upgrading.I have removed a lot of these keylock dispensers and installed card locks systems.Never was smart enough to keep any of them.

Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
Many semi-truck yards that still have their own on site fueling still use key lock pumps to track Highway Fuel tax. They are using a much larger pump though.

D
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
D
Interesting seeing the different models Thanks guys for the pictures and info.

H
H
Im looking to purchase one of these. Are they just kinda fun, or are they actually valued as collectables

J
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
J
Always keep in mind that Wilson & Sons did not make pumps that were used in service stations, they only made commercial pumps.

Dave is correct about what he said above.

I have a great deal of Wilson literature, but because very few of their units are being restored very few of them showed up in my ID book. If you want to know what literature is available, just email me the model number.

Jack Sim (jhsim@petrocollect.com)

Last edited by Jack Sim; Tue Mar 12 2013 11:26 PM.

Author, 1st & 2nd editions of Gas Pump ID book, 3rd edition is now available at www.gaspumpbible.com
Air Meter ID book also available
H
H
Im a mobile crane operator in the oil fields of NW Canada, and theres a few camps Ive worked out of that still use the Key Lock system.

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved