Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#401281 Wed Mar 13 2013 04:29 PM
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
I month or so ago Darin Sheffer showed his method of cleaning with Softscrub and the way his gargoyle can turned out.

Well I used his method before and destroyed a can frown....
DONT USE THE SOFTSCRUB WITH BLEACH...
But life goes on...

On my other thread I posted a Gargoyle Process can that i bought and the item numbers of the ones he had sold. There was another one today.

This can does not pop up for sale to often. The other version, yet similar with the greek-key pattern, is more common. So I had to be careful, as I am poor and can't afford a super nice one. grin

So here is the can before:

I used some Softscrub this time and VOILA!!

After:

Now all of this is not from Softscrubbing the can. I did use some 320 grit sand-paper on the seam and the top. This was very time consuming trying not to touch the lithograph. The seam was very very rusty but i am pleased with the results. The lid was unreadable so i buffed it a tad to reveal the "AF". It could use some more but that is a project for a different day.

The greek-key was a bit faded on the one side so i did put a little touch up paint to make it look a bit better. I know it is not the best job, but it is easily reversible.

So overall i am happy with the results of the can and it was the best 25 bucks, plus 4.95 shipping, i have spent on Mobiloil cans to date.

Last edited by mcguffeyd1; Wed Mar 13 2013 07:41 PM. Reason: Redid the touch up

Quart and Liter can relidding and dent removal services.PM for detail and pricing.
Collecting Mobil and other graphic quart cans.
Value Questions and Showcase forums

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
G
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
G
Looks great!!! Good job!

Looking for any cans! PM me what ya got!
D
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
D
Maybe some fine steel wool or a Scotch Brite pad, with or without rubbing compound on the lid? NOT too aggressively though!
Also there was a recent post of using Mother's Polish and their PowerBall on porcelain signs.
How might those work for you?

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved