Next Thread
Print Thread
M
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
M
hi all.
Wanted to show a build im doing of one of your US made pumps.. not common in Australian backyards... a Wayne 615 visible.

I acquired it as this bare package in 2011 but recently got new skins from Gaspumpheaven ... rather good fitting to be honest, just a tiny bit of adjustment and modified to suit the drainback.

more pics to come... just have to remember to take them..

cheers

Martin

wayne 615 (april 2011).jpg wayne 615 (april 2011) a.jpg new skins trailed oldgas20130119_142436-1.jpg
Value Questions and Showcase forums

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
G
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
G
Nice looking project. Andy and Diane at GasPumpHeaven do a great job making skins that fit. Although there is always a bit of tweeking needed but I appreciate that they are so very close to tolerances in the first place. Once done, you will have a nice pump for display and the only kid on your block with one?LOL! Paul www.severngaspumps.com

M
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
M
hi all
Got the pump back from the blaster who black primed the whole lot (did the pump separately just sat in position for pic) ..
I got the rods all gold cad coating to last it being outside.. the inside cylinder pipes were removed, blasted/primed/paint gloss white... not sure it its correct but didnt want it either black or red (panel colour).. couldnt find any pics if wayne had them in a certain colour.
I trailed fit the light conduit pipe.. not sure if i'll go black or gold cad on its finish... didnt like the cheap look aluminum joiner so once i get the length correct, im going to use a steel joiner tapped into place so it wont stand out... any ideas on the light pipe colour???

cheers

Martin

frame & pump back from blast-prime-paint.jpg top section blasted-primed-painted-trail fit rods & jar lid.jpg trail fit light conduit pipe.jpg
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Same color as the sheet metal! Kind of brings a continuity up past the glass to the top, but not too much!

Everything Cities Service
Specializing in old Gas Pumps
kwfrith@gondtc.com
Cell#-701-739-6133
M
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
M
Originally Posted By: K W FRITH
Same color as the sheet metal! Kind of brings a continuity up past the glass to the top, but not too much!

I'll think about that... I didnt consider that way.

cheers

M
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
M
hi all
unwrapped the cylinder and installed it.. all bolted in now and aint going to be taken apart now.. also got the light tube modified with a better coupling. threaded the pipe work so no more allen key screws in this one... it will go to the painter on monday...

I cant wait to get it all together now..

cheers
Martin

20130324_151056-1.jpg 20130324_151102-1.jpg 20130324_160402-1.jpg 20130324_160417-1.jpg
M
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
M
hi guys
got the light pipework back from the painter & installed it... no one makes the twin pipe wire outlet setup (one for globe, one for jar lid) so we made a custom version and luckily my brother (electrician) did the wiring & earthed it out...

Also just finished the globe/outer porcelian light setup.. I've done this pump like it would be the only pump at the service station where there was not any other lights present. Gotto love it when i get to switch it all on.

cheers
Martin

painted light pipework installed.jpg light pipework installed.jpg canteen & outstand lighting.jpg
M
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
M
happy with the colour choice and keeping the same colour for the light pipework

20130329_154555-1.jpg
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Earthed it out... Thats a new one for us here in the states. I like it! We say grounded it. I enjoyed Earthed It a whole lot better! Looking good!

Scott Wright
M
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
M
hi guys

.. not all assembled... just waiting for the handle to get modified and painted and its really done..

cheers

Martin

20130406_144509-1.jpg 20130406_104849-1.jpg
B
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
B
Thanks for these pics...very nice pump. I just got one yesterday and needed to see some of the details. The double light topper...never seen one like that...but there's alot I've never seen. thanks

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved