Next Thread
Print Thread
#405834 Sat Mar 30 2013 05:21 AM
M
Petro Enthusiast
OP Online Content
Petro Enthusiast
M
I'm looking for an ORIGINAL base for a wide body 60 and I would need it shipped to 16301. PM me for fastest response if you have one ! Thanks

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Matt- I don't have one for you but your request started my mind wondering how these darn Wayne 60 bases ever broke? They are big & heavy and I would think were pretty solid, but thI've seen several that were broken in several places with no obvious damage to the pump?? Maybe its just because of the large number of 60's produced, but I sure haven't seen them all. Can't figure this one out?

Everything Cities Service
Specializing in old Gas Pumps
kwfrith@gondtc.com
Cell#-701-739-6133
G
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
G
Kevin,
This sounds crazy but there was a time when I was gutting out a M&S 70 when it was cold outside. As soon as the cast iron guts fell down, it hit one side of the base and cracked the whole darn thing in two peices. I had to nickel weld it back together. Now I lay an old pillow on each side to prevent that from happening again. Believe me, they can break.

Goober smile

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Cast iron is brittle and cold increases this.I don't know how those bases got broken, but if I could see one I'll bet I could give you a good guess. Look for abrasions or places where the pump might have bee dropped a short distance at an angle. I promise you...it wouldn't take much...just some careless handling. Those badboys are heavy. Dave

Dave Jones
It's All Just Stuff
J
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
J
I have one being welded. I always thought that they get broken when being removed carelessly from the concrete islands.

M
Petro Enthusiast
OP Online Content
Petro Enthusiast
M
Over the years I've had 60's with cast iron bases and some actually had aluminum bases , I'd consider either as long as its old and original and if someone has one and doesnt want to ship it (at my expense) drop it off at a UPS store and I'll pay them to prepare/ship it. Anyone ?

M
Petro Enthusiast
OP Online Content
Petro Enthusiast
M
still looking for 1 original cast iron base , anyone ???????

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I have a Cast Iron one, BUT W/O Hips.

E
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
E
confused A couple ways that might promote breaking would definately be "walking" a complete pump putting all the weight/strain on corners. Maybe seasonal hot/cold expansion/contraction with the base bolted to the concrete island, something has to give.....CRACK!! Vibration from motor and pumping action while bolted down to the island. Lots of ways possible I guess.
Ed.

M
Petro Enthusiast
OP Online Content
Petro Enthusiast
M
Would 250 shake one loose from someone ???????

M
Petro Enthusiast
OP Online Content
Petro Enthusiast
M
If someone has one and doesnt want to ship it, just drop it off at a UPS store and I'll handle the rest, or pm me with your location and maybe I'll pick it up since I do travel alot during the summer months. Thanks !

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Classic Project Car auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved