#40602 Tue Dec 13 2005 06:33 PM
P
Philip Offline OP
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
P
Hello everyone,

I am fairly new to the petro world. It's nice to meet everybody. I have been collecting now for about 18 months. I've really gained alot of knowledge from everyone here. I am in total amazement of some of your collections. Now to my question:

Are there different bottom pole parts that will work with a conoco top or does it have to be a real conoco bottom? Does any one local to Oklahoma have one? I need the sign too.

I have a on going project maybe someone near me(OKC) can help with. I am trying to get several 6ft sign poles to line my driveway with. So far I have a Texaco banjo pole and sign, but still need more poles. Any help is greatly appreciated. As I have had no respone to my first post. I know you guys will come through!

Thank you,
Philip

Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Philip, I see the poles on Ebay quite often, sometimes with the signs still attached. I find them around here, but I think freight from my end of the country would be quite $$$. Good luck. Brady

P
Philip Offline OP
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
P
Thanks Brady, I have access to the top frame part locally. I wanted to bid on a conoco sign on ebay a couple of weeks ago that was in Kansas but the guy would never show the back side of the sign.Thanks again Philip

Z
Z
Philip,
Have you had a chance to come and visit us here at Vic's in Guthrie. I know that Seth has a couple of TEXGAS big signs that need to be attatched to a pole. Its been real busy around here being Christmas and all, but if you get a chance come see us and anybody that is close should make it a point to be at our Auction Feb 18 2006, lots to see, and many people in the hobby to meet. Plus on friday again I am sure we will have our open house and sale up at the shop, everyone who attended last year seemed to have a blast!
Welcome to the board!
Zach

B
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
B
the conoco pole is its own thig I belive. rectangle base geting narrower towards the top. My dad has one, I could get a pic if it would help. oh before i get in trouble it isnot for sale.
Thanks
Brandon

J
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
J
My assumption is that you are asking about the tall Conoco poles with the sign.
When I first got into this hobby I bought out an old Conoco jobber and he said I could have anything that was out there. I found a few old frames that held the Conoco signs, but I also found a few of the cast iron bases for the poles. These were very unusual in that they were square and they had the Conoco logo on each of the four sides. These would make a great addition to your signs if you could find any of them.
Jack Sim, Author, Gas Pump Identification book.

Author, 1st & 2nd editions of Gas Pump ID book, 3rd edition is now available at www.gaspumpbible.com
Air Meter ID book also available
S
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
S
John at the antique shop on glenstone has a tall red and white 66 sign pole for sale for 650 complete and in good shape.There is also a phillips sign and pole in bunker MO if interested.

------------------

S
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
S
Glenstone St. is in Springfield MO,Sorry!

------------------

G
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
G
Philip, Recently, I aquired six Plillips 66 sign poles. They are rectangular at the base and taper to a smaller rectangle at the top. The sign ring sat down over the post and was bolted on. Don't know if these would work for you? Also have two Phillips 66 post tops with 6' signs.....I will be heading through OKC. in January on my way to AZ. It could be delivered. Paul

P
Philip Offline OP
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
P
Thanks everyone for the response.
And Zach I'm planning to attend.

Philip

P
Philip Offline OP
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
P
Paul please send me a email with prices.
Thanks Philip

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved