Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#405880 Sat Mar 30 2013 09:40 AM
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=380608980842

...after informing the seller that the beat-up Pure pump sign they were selling as original "...isn't old, or original...the originals have rounded corners...your sign has squared corners...it is a reproduction of recent manufacture and was not used by Pure Oil on a gas pump...thought you (and your bidders) should know...if you look around on eBay you'll see examples of fakes and originals, and can compare them to see the differences..."

their reply:

"I buy all my signs at shows you're just 1 of those guys who have to put your 2 cents in and everyone who buys my signs are happy with them and if they're not happy with them I offer a full refund on all my signs and my items so why don't you Pastor somebody else"

...I've never been called a pastor before grin ..a review of the seller's other items will reveal that they have nothing but repro & fantasy junk...

...my response:

"...I don't understand your angry response - you should be thanking me for helping you avoid problems with your buyers...after looking at your other listings, I think you could save the travel and expense of attending 'shows' and just order your reproduction signs online, and beat them with a hammer at home...see that? I just saved you money AND time, too...you're welcome..."

Last edited by gulfiend!; Sat Mar 30 2013 09:42 AM.

Looking for better Gulf items: signs, globes, cans and paper - especially porcelain Gulf flanges, and Gulf A-38 & A-62 ad glass...
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Pastore Elmore....I like it. it has a certain southern evangelical ring to it. Henceforth you shall be known.
Dave

Dave Jones
It's All Just Stuff
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
...LOL, I think they meant 'pester' and not 'pastor'...

...if I was going to be a pastor, I'd have to get 'GOOD' tattooed on the fingers of one hand, and 'GULF' on the other, like Robert Mitchum in 'Night of the Hunter' laugh

the-night-of-the-hunter.jpg

Looking for better Gulf items: signs, globes, cans and paper - especially porcelain Gulf flanges, and Gulf A-38 & A-62 ad glass...
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
[quote "...I don't understand your angry response - you should be thanking me for helping you avoid problems with your buyers...after looking at your other listings, I think you could save the travel and expense of attending 'shows' and just order your reproduction signs online, and beat them with a hammer at home...see that? I just saved you money AND time, too...you're welcome..." [/quote]

LOL;

More repop *****; he offers a refund just in case someone catches on to his scam or later finds out that they have been "taken". Some people just don't have any morals anymore! mad

Buying: Polarine / Red Crown Gasoline Globes and Signs, Early Chevrolet & United Motors Signs, and 1910's through 1940's Gas & Oil Signs.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Think about the tattoo thing and I'll chip in the first 10 bucks to get the pastor inked.You can preach on the wages or repops and the path to salvation through historical accuracy. May be a bit on the "heavy". Dave

Dave Jones
It's All Just Stuff
H
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
H
I really like your response to his reply.

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
it looks like all 13 of his repos have been removed

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
The truth will set you free. Good job Mark. Dave

Dave Jones
It's All Just Stuff
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
...Hallelujah... wink

Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
Thank you guys I got my laugh for the day. Mitch

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
That's too funney ! My grandma always said kill em with kindness and I believe that's what you did , bet he's still stewing over that one!

I like SINCLAIR and old American made stuff ... No china items.

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Petro Porcelain Sign auction listings *

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved