Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#406549 Mon Apr 01 2013 04:55 PM
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
# 321100386624

I just talked to a rep of Ebay about this POS sign...

At first the Ebay Rep didn't see a problem and was honest about that.... When I pointed out that the Seller was using "Original" in the Title and in the description and yet, marked it as a repop to Ebay.... I then gave the Rep the auction # of the Original that ended over the weekend...

As I pointed out to the Rep, imagine you were the "winner of the 1st Auction" and then a "Thief" and yes, I did use that language when talking to the Rep... Came along with a "fake sign" and claimed it was original... It drops the value of the "real sign" and helps the Seller trick the Buyer out of their money...

The Rep told me that they Personally, will remove the listing and try to take action against the Seller for breaking Ebay Rules on deception...

Hopefully the Rep will take the action they said they would. And hopefully Ebay will take a second much harder look at those that use "buzz words" to sell fake items....

Looking for Tide Water/ Tide Water-Associated/ Tidewater items
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
...and 'vintage'...several times...

...FYI - these are basically printed paper, glued to sheet metal, and the edges are ground to look worn...

Looking for better Gulf items: signs, globes, cans and paper - especially porcelain Gulf flanges, and Gulf A-38 & A-62 ad glass...
.....Have you taken a look at the other items that this seller has up for auction?

.... High class act !

USN ret. 1966-1989
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
I see that the listing is still up and hasn't been changed in any way... So, I guess the Ebay Rep was just "Blowing smoke" at me, to get me off the phone.....

Looking for Tide Water/ Tide Water-Associated/ Tidewater items
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
It's not coming up...e-Bay must have taken action. Hopefully they will scrutinize his other listings as well.

Dave GILL,
Dave's Garage & Memorabilia, Inc.

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Classic Car Project auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved